Sleeves in concrete floor for water, electrical, and aerator lines?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok Troops... I can use some guidance from you guys before I miss an opportunity...

Maybe a bit to unpack... I recently purchased a property with a three-stall barn. Unfortunately, there is an erosion issue around the barn and the flooring of the barn consisted of a bunch of 2x10 planks, 4x4’s, and plywood, essentially anything to shim up the floor. They were all sagging, and I have elected to install a concrete floor in ½ of the building. Currently, all the wood flooring is out and there is a lot of daylight around the perimeter of the barn. I’ve lined up someone to build up the foundation in the next two weeks.

Before I have the concrete poured, I’d like to install some piping into the barn through which I can run
  • Water and electrical lines from an irrigation well to an accumulator tank (and all the associated parts)
  • An aerator line to a small 60’x60’x10’deep pond (similar to this)
  • Discharge lines from the accumulator/bladder system to the pond to manage the level
  • Discharge lines from the accumulator/bladder system to irrigate the garden and lawn
There is electricity in the barn. I have a preference to keep the tank, aerator, and irrigation solenoids under cover and run the lines out to(from) the pond, well, and garden.

Can anyone offer any input on what I should install in the concrete to run these lines? Most lines are flexible, but the irrigation lines may need to be hard-piped. (Not sure if it is wise to embed the irrigation line in concrete.)

Any help would be appreciated.Barn-Front.jpg 20210809_151743.jpg 20210809_152014 1.jpg 20210809_151804.jpg 20210809_151818.jpg 20210809_151830.jpg

Rick

I like the idea of a conduit but I wouldn’t want it in the floor. I would mount it to the wall. Maybe 3”PVC pipe. Would be easy to pull stuff thru with a cord and the animals would leave it alone.

Trick to getting the pull cord thru is blow it thru with an air compressor by tying a little tail to the end, or suck it thru with a shop vac. :coffee:

Back