Thanks in advance

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by weescotlass, Aug 29, 2006.

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
  1. Aug 29, 2006 #1

weescotlass

weescotlass

weescotlass

Thanks for having me. I look forward to stimulating chat and lots of creative ideas.
    I do have a problem and hope your creative juices can flow on this.

I am switching from a free standing electric stove, to a counter top cooktop, and a single wall oven. I need to know if I can wire both of these from the existing wiring for the free standing range. I have been told yes, just wire both to the existing, and I have been told no, I need a seperate 30 or 40amp(?) line coming from the fuse box for the cooktop. This would run around 500 and I can't afford that.
    If this turns out to be more than a DIY, does anyone know any moonlighting electricians in the St Pete area?
    Thanks in advance for all help.

2. Aug 29, 2006 #2

glennjanie

glennjanie

glennjanie

Hello Weescotlass and Welcome to the Forum:
    Many states have gone to a local electrical code and frown on DIY electrical work. If that is the case in St. Pete, you will need a professional to help you. You can learn a lot and even find a part time electrician at a local electrical supply house; they often have a bulliten board of business cards and can recommend one or two for your specific needs. Florida has a lot of retired people who would like to do a small job and pick up a few extra bucks. Please let us know how it works out for you.
    Glenn