The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a back tire wobbling on my work van. Changed that today, it is hot out there, tire had a slipped belt.

Had a back tire wobbling on my work van. Changed that today, it is hot out there, tire had a slipped belt.

I didn't even know tires had belts or that they could slip... LOL.
I need to learn more about vehicles.

He is lying, his tire was just dizzy from spinning around so much.

He is lying, his tire was just dizzy from spinning around so much.

ROTFL! Now I suddenly thought of the site that had something obscene and played "You spin me right round baby right round" in a loop.

I'm waiting for my mother to get up so I can take her to get bloodwork for her regular checkup. If we go early enough we might make it to the hospital cafeteria before it closes. They actually have good food and Mom gets a senior discount.

Yesterday the guy came from the well service to replace the switch for one of the pumps. He decided not to use the new float and rod I bought. I'm debating whether or not I should try to return those parts. It's an hour drive out to Deridder and the place wasn't easy to find. I think they also charged me for a part they didn't even give me. I didn't pay attention to the price because I was in a hurry to get back but I looked at the receipt later and they didn't even put what the parts were, but when I looked at the parts I was given, I couldn't account for a part that was around $40 or something. I don't know if it was a mistake or if the clerk did it on purpose or if I just need to look again.
I just am not sure if its worth it to go back because of the gas usage. And maybe I should keep the float and rod in case they are needed later on.

Still trying to get the well guy scheduled to come out and clean the tank. He didn't have time when he showed up because he had other jobs to go to. But at least he fixed the problem and the pipes aren't leaking at the pump anymore.

Working on the roof again. Installing a metal roof as fast as this old man can. (turtle speed)

You going with a tin roof for your barn, Chris?

I just wasted $115 at the incompetent vet's office. Took my cat in and rather than examine her further or run tests or do something more, she just shrugged and assumed the cat had a gum infection or something. The cat was bleeding from one eye and her face was all swollen and she was in immense pain. I thought maybe she'd been bitten by a venomous spider. Vet gave her antibiotics and pain meds, sent her home. A few hours later, cat starts throwing up, choking, and trying to run around but was falling over, flailing, and falling down. I called the vet but they were closed already and then spent the next few minutes trying to comfort her and keep her from hurting herself. She pissed and crapped on my bed (I put her on the bed to try to make her more comfortable and so I could pet her and try to comfort her) and then died a couple minutes later.

She was one of my favorite kitties too. A 6-year-old sweet fluffy very cuddly kitty. When I reached down to pet her, she would hop up to rub against my hand.

I just hope that whatever caused it doesn't afflict any of my other cats.

Wow, that is terrible. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks. I'm very attached to my pets so it always hits me hard. I think it bugs me more that it could have been prevented if my vet was not an idiot.

The past few days (excluding last night), I've been playing D&D with some friends. Last night no one was up for it. Might play tonight though. We're having fun with it and it's good to socialize. I introduced my friends to magnetic whiteboards for the gaming. They saw me writing down notes for temporary things (like hp loss, loot that will be divided up, etc) and now everyone else in the group wants a whiteboard. LOL. I brought in a large one for the DM to use as the battlefield area-- with magnets to represent the characters so we know where things are.

I just got a call that the local elementary school just burned to the ground. The intellectual part of me is aware of the problems this is going to cause and is unhappy. Emotionally, good riddance to that crappy place full of bad memories. It was full of horrible mean abusive "teachers" who had no business being around children much less having authority over them and being legally allowed to beat the hell out of them.

The local cops were called out to close down roads and redirect traffic while the firemen were trying to put out the inferno. Cops called Pizza Hut and asked for free pizza. I don't know about rules for local level law enforcement, but I know that federal law enforcement are absolutely not allowed to ask for free stuff. The staff told them to call their boss to ask. He's a tightwad so he might say "No". But if he does, they will almost definitely retaliate in some way.

I'm glad I don't live in a place like that.

I'm glad I don't live in a place like that.

Yeah, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Granted, there are some nice cops too, but there are some really corrupt ones as well.

A little more than half of the school burned down. Some of it was left standing, but I don't know how much usable space is left. They have until sometime in August before school starts up again. It was out for summer so there were no people inside.

I got new tires on my truck yesterday and today taking my dually down for new tires. Been looking for a couple cows for my property, hopefully I can find some soon, my weeds are taking over.

Latest posts

Back