The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went for a 40 minute walk in my front yard-- staying mostly under the trees to get shade since I'm not supposed to be in direct sunlight. I fed the cows and watched the latest episode of "Arrow" online. I hope the weather stays in this temperature range for awhile-- not too hot and not too cold-- although it would have been nice if it were a tad bit cooler.

I'm trying to figure out how to fix my front gate. I think that maybe the top hinge on the post got turned the wrong way or something and that its supposed to be facing up instead of down. Not sure though. I can't find good pictures that show how its supposed to be. I'll have to get pics later to post.

Post a pic, we can help.

Just as my load of wood gets here, it starts raining. Figures.

Upgraded a little laptop to W10. Hated it. changed it back.

Upgraded a little laptop to W10. Hated it. changed it back.

I thought you did that awhile ago? Yeah, I also tried Win10, hated it, and now happy with my Win7.

I thought you did that awhile ago? Yeah, I also tried Win10, hated it, and now happy with my Win7.

I put it off, but I was changing it for school. I did not think that anything could be worse than 8.1, but I was wrong.

I like 10 compared to 8.1 but like 7 the most. Upgraded my work computer to 10 and am dealing with it. I just figure they will all suck. After 7 I cant figure out anything. Seems they want to make it like using a cell phone but without the touch screen.

Honestly, I'd rather have the Win10 rather than the Win8.1. Is it possible it is something you would just need to get use to?

Ironic that Chris and I posted just seconds apart.

I cleaned the pool filter and replaced one little o ring gasket. $25 for a silly piece of rubber!

I'm gonna fire my new front office lady then get ready to go hunting.

WHAT? What is wrong with this new gal? Maybe you should just hire....well, nevermind!

Me?

Time passed her by many years ago. She knows very little about anything electronic. Computer and email are new fangled contractions. Asked her to take some mail to the post office so she found my phone book to look up the post office and then went to her car and got her map out of the glove box to look up where it is at. Took me 30 seconds with my computer, took her about an hour just to know where she was going. I don't know how people managed to accomplish anything without just a little bit of technology.

Spent the morning in the woods with the bow, then sighted our muzzle loaders in. Son in laws was still spot on, I was shooting about 8" high at a hundred. Spot on now. Black powder starts Saturday. Hunting buddy's bringing the motor home down Friday, spending the weekend at the lease.

I'm heading up tonight. Season ends Sunday. Hopefully I can get one down. The weather has changed and it got cold and snowy so hopefully that helps.

Temps have been in the 60's the past week or so, dropping to mid thirtys this weekend. Perfect weather for the deer woods.

Upper 70s today. Cold by the weekend.

I sat around, waiting for the A/C installer to get here as well as the electrician. Well, electrician called there was an urgent job he needed to work on, and the A/C guy said he will start the job on Monday. So I didn't do crap except watch TV.

Latest posts

Back