The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was played from their nursing home room.

I bought an RV today. Got an older diesel pusher that was babied from day one with a CAT 330 in it, hopefully it lasts me some time.

I got to play pincushion today-- it actually didn't hurt this time when they took my blood. That will probably help for the next time I need blood drawn. The previous time I was very anxious, but the nurse at my doctor's office is very sweet and she hummed a song to distract me while she was taking blood. She also held the needle still-- one of the reasons I started to hate getting blood drawn was because I had a nurse who would not hold the needle still once it was in. She was chewing gum and just wasn't being careful.

Chris, sounds cool! Any pics?

Well the Dr. office called at 5 55 last night and left a message. I had got tired of waiting. Said to call them at 8 am. I did, left a message and have heard nothing. It's almost 4 pm.

I'd like to know more about the motorhome. Where did you find it? Did you look long? I've been tempted to search some old folk's mobile home parks in the area looking for a class A diesel pusher. I think it would be fun to travel around the country and I have rv parking that I know it would fit.

I have a 5 acre ranch with two full hookup spots. This one had just the right everything. I didn't want a 15 year old unit with no miles to where things are rotting away. This one is an 01 with 49k on it, was used up until two years ago when the husband passed away. Came with every receipt and book since day one. serviced and maintained like no other. Was a very high end unit in its time, cabinetry is all nice real wood and everything seems high end and built to last. So far I am happy with it. Thinking of taking it out this weekend on a test run. I have a trip to washington set for July so I might want to see if it is road worthy first.

I'd like to know more about the motorhome. Where did you find it? Did you look long? I've been tempted to search some old folk's mobile home parks in the area looking for a class A diesel pusher. I think it would be fun to travel around the country and I have rv parking that I know it would fit.

Mine is an 01 Diesel Pusher with the Cat 330 and allison trans. I have been looking for months and found this one on CL local to me. I looked at many and most were beat or just not what I wanted. I went back and forth on gas or diesel for some time because of the cost of maintenance and repairs. The towing and hill climbing is what sold me on the diesel. They don't slow down. I wanted at least a living room slide, didn't care about bedroom as I just sleep there anyway. Problem with most older ones is there is no slides yet they are some beautiful units. Right around 2000 is where you will find the slides. If you go that old find a top end unit because they hold up and last but plan on spending a grand or so on little stuff like broken plastic pieces and vent covers. The drivetrain will last longer than the rv ever will. I looked at many newer ones with the V10 and they were in no better shape so that was the kicker to just find a good well taken care of older pusher. I got lucky and found one that wasn't aged with older style decor except the gold trim in the bathroom area but that can be swapped out.

Just remember a diesel will cost much more for any repair or service.

Isn't it strange the older generation buy these new and many times find driving and backing them becomes more of a task than realized ? New sticker prices will floor anyone looking for a family unit. As far as renting one for vacation with all costs considered put me in the Holiday Inn.

I see so many 250k plus units just sitting in storage facilities. There was a 2003 unit that a guy bought for over 250 and sold it with 700 miles on it for 10k a week ago. He couldn't drive it but sat on it in hopes of learning.

I don't know how anyone can justify spending more than a home on an RV. I don't like to finance them so I buy what I can afford because they are never worth what you pay. A 15 year loan on anything is not a good idea unless it comes with property and a foundation.

I agree many times it is way cheaper to just get a hotel. I do a lot of desert camping so it works out for me but still i don't use it as much as I should. My 5th wheel has sat for a year or more at a time.

I am impressed by the usage of every square inch and making it look ten times more spacious. A lot of engineering going on to make this rig drive down the road like a luxury car, only miles larger. Like the new cruise ship with 23 pools, every year these models get more features creating a new standard.

Sat up and listened to the scanner all night. There was a murder a few blocks from here. First one in town in 7 years. Kept my "tool" by my side.

Chris, that looks like a very nice RV! I think it's nicer than the trailer some friends just bought.
Some of the prices on RVs astound me. I was watching a House Hunters episode where the people decided to get an RV instead of a house-- they were selling for $700k. That just seems absurd to me.

Meanwhile, the piece of property my late friend owned is still for sale and I think it is less than $50k now. That includes a workshop, greenhouse, a couple outbuildings, and two houses. The yard has some fruit trees and is set up with a sprinkler system for gardening and already has stuff set up for planting. The houses both need repairs though.

I'm just waiting to go to my doctor's appointment now.

I've been having to give my kitties earmite medicine once per day. The trouble is rounding them all up and remembering which ones have gotten it and which ones haven't. I've got a chart on a dry erase board up. I'm using a different colored marker for each day.

Rusty, are you in a small town? There are less than 8k people here but I think we've already had a few murders this year.

It doesn't help that the sheriff is allegedly corrupt. A friend of mine was driving by when a city mower kicked a rock up and shattered his side window. He filed a report and complaint with the city for the damage. They sent police to arrest him for allegedly filing a false report and threw him in jail for a few days without a lawyer or trial.

I took my dog to the vet today to get a refill of allergy pills. Knowing that they will price match online med suppliers, I searched my phone and found the same pill for $2.68 a pill. I figured my vet's price would be about $4 a pill, so I insisted on the online price. They agreed until she told me their price was only $2.40 a pill. Well, I really feel stupid for demanding that they charge me a higher price.

Zannej, about 8k in town, 23k in the whole county.

I took my dog to the vet today to get a refill of allergy pills. Knowing that they will price match online med suppliers, I searched my phone and found the same pill for $2.68 a pill. I figured my vet's price would be about $4 a pill, so I insisted on the online price. They agreed until she told me their price was only $2.40 a pill. Well, I really feel stupid for demanding that they charge me a higher price.

Its hard to get out of the vets office for less than 200 even if it for an annual check. For those reason a lot of people don't take them in unless they show signs of bad health. Neighbor paid over 400 to get her small dogs teeth cleaned. Seniors just don't have that in their budget sad to say.

Mounted bumpers and scratched my head on rear light wiring on the 66. Couldn't get power to the inboard set. A little research indicates someone changed them to red lens's. They should be clear for back up lights. The original shifter has a bracket for the backup lite switch but now has a Hurst shifter , bracket delete . Going to rewire them for clearance lights to give more rear lighting. Two 2 1/2 " red lenses don't put out a lot of light in the dark.

Latest posts

Back