The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today sucks!

Got to the job a half hour late. Cut a 8' x 8' x 6' deep hole in the highway, as soon as I was done the General came up to me to say he had a problem with the district and we are on hold now.

Went to get in my truck to go to my office and the check engine light came on and it went into limp mode and wouldn't move more than a mile an hour.

I am getting a cold.

I am on hour 11 of today and have a few more hours of work at the office before i can go home.

My forman leaves for Vacation Friday and we have more work than we can handle.

And then to top it off I get a call that dad is back in the hospital for bypass surgery.

Sorry to hear about your dad Chris.prayers on the way for his recovery.

Thanks. He seemed very worried he wouldn't get to see his grandkids. Not that he sees them now.

Tested my Christmas gift; A Lotos LTP5000D plasma cutter. Works well. It was on the Lightning Deals and the wife said, "Hey, do you want a plasma cutter for Christmas?" :cool:

Did dual shield with my buddies Tweco 181i too. Jeep CO2 bottle came in handy. Man, I'm hooked! Really nice beads, easily as nice as the XMT 350 with 85% argon. :):D:cool:

Sorry to hear Chris. Does that mean you are taking your siblings to another free trip to Florida? May as well take them to Disney World while you are there!

Me, I took my daughter to her first doctor's visit since her long hospital stay. He didn't know or do much. Referred her to someone who may know more than him.

Riff_Raff, the plasma cutter sounds awesome!

Chris, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he'll be ok.

Havasu, I hope your daughter is doing ok. It can be frustrating when doctors don't know things. Especially when you have to pay to see them and be told that they can't do anything and you need to go see someone else.

Tested my Christmas gift; A Lotos LTP5000D plasma cutter. Works well. It was on the Lightning Deals and the wife said, "Hey, do you want a plasma cutter for Christmas?" :cool:

Did dual shield with my buddies Tweco 181i too. Jeep CO2 bottle came in handy. Man, I'm hooked! Really nice beads, easily as nice as the XMT 350 with 85% argon. :):D:cool:

I have a cut master 42 plasma. I love that thing only wish it would cut more vertical.

Sorry to hear Chris. Does that mean you are taking your siblings to another free trip to Florida? May as well take them to Disney World while you are there!

Me, I took my daughter to her first doctor's visit since her long hospital stay. He didn't know or do much. Referred her to someone who may know more than him.

Nope, not going this time. Definitely not paying for another trip. Told dad to call me after surgery. He said if I get a call from a nurse than I know how things went. Still haven't talked to his wife since last time I was there. A little bitter with her anyway. Dad has been in the hospital since last week and no one knew until he called yesterday.

I lived in Titusville for a couple years. Dixie Crossroads was an awesome place to eat. One of the few things I miss in Florida.and if you're that close, a tour of the Kennedy Space center is a must see. We got to see 15 shuttle launches while there.

I lived in Indian hills subdivision, Graduated '76 from T-ville high

went back, and lived in Christmas

hope the old man gets better , prayers for him

I lived in Indian hills subdivision, Graduated '76 from T-ville high

went back, and lived in Christmas

hope the old man gets better , prayers for him

We lived on Barna at Knox McCray across from the golf course. Use to mail Christmas cards from Christmas every year. Fished the St. Johns on Lake Poinsett, The Banana River, Indian River, the buoy line going out of Port Canaveral, the submarine turn basins with my dad, these things I miss.

me too. i want some smoked mullet, and some rock shrimp

miss the heck out of fishing their

I have a cut master 42 plasma. I love that thing only wish it would cut more vertical.

Nice looking unit. Styled just like the Tweco. I found mine worked better at 90 psi, rather than the 65-70 they recommend.

I run mine at 100 but I think that is getting me the angles on the cut. I'm going to lower the psi a bit and see if it cuts more vertical.

They pushed the surgery until tomorrow morning. Had to do a few more tests first. Five Arteries toast, going to do a quadruple bypass and leave one bad but it should make him feel 100% better. He has been weak since the heart attack and this explains a lot of it. He seems in good spirits for the most part, keeps talking about my mom which is odd. She has been dead for a few years now and they have been divorced almost 30 years. He better last a few more years, heck I'm running out of family and my brother and sister don't handle these things well.

Latest posts

Back