The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut and debranched ( new word ) the winters fallen trees. Four hours with the chainsaw and I'm ready for a nap. Good thing there was a loader operator position open.
* Does anyone else hate this stupid spell check ????? Changes words at random.

Broke my backup bike this morning

Had to hike out 3 miles and I didn't want to get passed by my riding buddies and I had a good lead so I did a lot of running with the bike and dead sticking the downhills. Made it back with about 10 min to spare.

The chain looks a bit lonely straggling behind. You need the super competition roller bearing nylon fluted full floating carriers attached by titanium supports. Available with an extended life time warranty giving you a commitment of four trouble free years.
* Not available in states having a riding season of three or more months.

Yeah, my other bike has a nice hollow pin KMC. I'm not sure what happened here. Probably only has about 500 miles on it and I wasn't even getting crazy when it happened.

Went shopping at a local salvage yard today for 63 parts. Prices are reasonable and getting hard to find for 50 plus year old transports. Sale pending on some, hope to trade extras for additional accessories. Early BelAir , Biscayne two door sedan values are rising quickly, many with one year only pieces. Buyers must have run out of Camaros and Chevelles.

View attachment IMG_2208.jpg

Gonna rain all day tomorrow, so took my wife out to do what she wanted today. We went to the range and shot, then to yard sales. Tough life.:D

Yard work and watching the girls while momma is out with friends

Got a message today, my best friend since age 5 passed away in his sleep last night. He was 67.

Sorry to hear Rusty, that's a long time to have a good friend. You got to share more years than most folks do. 67 is way to young.

Most work too late in life to have a great retirement. I agree 67 is young. Plan ahead and leave at 55. ( or sooner ) That was my plan, and it worked out fantastic.. Too many things to do than stick around waiting for the national average. Besides one needs time to spend those deferred savings. Paying off the college tuitions, books, housing, new cars and sending them into the work force with no bills came first.

Sorry to hear Rusty, that's a long time to have a good friend. You got to share more years than most folks do. 67 is way to young.

He had a good life. He was married for over 40 years, had kids and grandkids.

Had a neighbor give me an 18 hp Craftsman lawn tractor today. It runs. Need to see what all repairs it will take to make it completely usable. Another project.

And I thought Kohler only made toilets?

Trimming around Maple & Balsam trees removing and replacing wire enclosures. Darn Deer like to eat new buds.

Did some office work now to go clean up the property a little. Dad is visiting and now aunt and uncle are coming for a week, wife is leaving for a few days and father in law is staying with us while he is working for me. We have a house full. I made a full hookup campsite on the property so that is helping.

Did some office work now to go clean up the property a little. Dad is visiting and now aunt and uncle are coming for a week, wife is leaving for a few days and father in law is staying with us while he is working for me. We have a house full. I made a full hookup campsite on the property so that is helping.

So, I guess this isn't a good weekend to pop in?

Back