The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I woke up today to hear my pool pump squealing as if a cat was stuck in the damn thing. Guess what I will be doing today?

Trying to find a perfect match for the neighbors cat that died in your pool pump...:drinking:

The 3m will be in a black bottle from the auto parts store. It is the best I've found. Works on everything it seems.

The more elbow grease you give it the shinier it will get. Works great on paint too.

And upon coming from the pool store, mama showed me a leaking pipe under my slab. Gawd dammit, when it rains, it pours.

I pulled the entire pool pump out and brought it to the store. He can replace the bearing for $90, replace the motor for $450, or sell me the two stage, energy efficient pump for $1100. He plugged it in and agrees that it sounded like a simple bearing replacement.

While waiting for the pool guy to call me, I cleaned out the pool filter, washed both cars and hosed out the garage. I guess I am just nervous about the slab leak.

The 3m will be in a black bottle from the auto parts store. It is the best I've found. Works on everything it seems.

Safe on those stupid plastic lenses?

Took the wheel covers off my work mini van and painted the wheels. Bought the paint two years ago and finally got around to it.

I use the 3m rubbing compound on my headlights. I did the original time a few years ago and do about every year now to keep them clear. Worked great for me.

installed bigger injectors in the skyhawk, along with upgraded chip.
wow, what a difference!

Dr office, blood drawn, flu shot, etc.

Just came from the eye doctor. He used a laser to cut a slit across the right eye of my pupil to allow pressure to drain better. Hurt like a *****. Next week, same time, I get the left eye done.

Thats a cool van. I always liked vans, I am thinking of having another kid so I can get a van. I want a full size van though.

Thats a cool van. I always liked vans, I am thinking of having another kid so I can get a van. I want a full size van though.

We have two minivans and I still have my full size work van.

Looks just like him.

I want a van but I need a van like another hole in my head. I'm sure down the road it may happen, when kids are older and have Friends that want to do stuff.

Honest to God, when I was 16, my dad bought me a new 1972 Chevy Van. It was the extended model with a side sliding door/window. It was banana yellow, and I since I was the VP of our van club, it had "American Vans" painted on the rear window. I had a 12' whip antenna and added an aluminum spoiler added to the roof. I installed brown shag carpeting in the raised floor in the back, with full length storage. I had low profile American Mags with BF Goodrich tires. I also had really cool brown and gold pinstriping and it it was really "Shagalicious!"

Honest to God, when I was 16, my dad bought me a new 1972 Chevy Van. It was the extended model with a side sliding door/window. It was banana yellow, and I since I was the VP of our van club, it had "American Vans" painted on the rear window. I had a 12' whip antenna and added an aluminum spoiler added to the roof. I installed brown shag carpeting in the raised floor in the back, with full length storage. I had low profile American Mags with BF Goodrich tires. I also had really cool brown and gold pinstriping and it it was really "Shagalicious!"

Did you solve mysteries with Scooby?

I woke up today, so far just waiting for the coffee maker to finish.

When is the big move Chris? Escrow?

Latest posts

Back