Water Softener Problems

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amaz

Reaction score
I noticed that our water softener system, the EcoWater Systems ESD 2502 R30 has water spilling over the top of the resin tank sleeve. When I took of the top cover I noticed that there was water between the resin tank and the sleeve filled to the top.

I also noticed that there was some water in the brine tank next to the brinewell.

Help! What would cause the sleeve to fill up with water?

Welcome Amaz:
There should be a float switch to shut the water off before it floods over into the sleeve. You can look inside and feel for the switch or look at the wiring diagram to locate it. Apperantly the switch is sticking and allowing over fill.
Glenn

Glenn,

Thanks for the quick repsonse. Unfortunately there is no float switch. I looked everywhere, in the wiring diagram and in the unit itself, but no luck. Any other suggestions.

Thanks for your time,
Andrew

I'm assuming you have a dual tank system. I think glenn was talking about when it over fills the brine tank. It sounds like you are saying that it is leaking from the top of the resin tank. Since the resin tank is under water pressure at all times you need to try to find if the leak is coming from the tank top seal or maybe from the switchover valve.

Back