What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any idea what they do and I don't care.
WOW!, there is an active law suite in the state, which may affect how legitimate doc. are titled, issued and publicized, and you don't care.

WOW!, there is an active law suite in the state, which may affect how legitimate doc. are titled, issued and publicized, and you don't care.

A spokesperson for Spicoli told Snoonyb that Spicoli's office "generally doesn’t comment on ongoing litigation."

Now that we have established THAT, anything else?

A spokesperson for Spicoli told Snoonyb that Spicoli's office "generally doesn’t comment on ongoing litigation."

Now that we have established THAT, anything else?
"A spokesperson for Spicoli told Snoonyb that Spicoli's office"

Got it.

So, you denied the denial that you denied.

Shan, I hope things go well on continuing to get things cleaned/fixed up.

Today I got up early, cleaned the toilet, fed kitties, took out trash, swept the hallway, swept the kitchen, picked up empty boxes & hauled them out, went to visit Mom in the hospital (brother actually came along this time), grabbed some food, headed to friend's house to pick him up, got him some food, brought him to the house to help clean up Mom's bed. Filled some trash bags, laundry bags, plastic bins, etc and got her bed cleared off enough to put on new mattress cover, sheets, blankets, & pillowcase. She's going to have fun finding things, but I can help her pull bins to look through if need be. Got the dog's steps in a good spot for him. Cleared stuff in the bathroom so she can get to the sink (stuff got piled in there in the way so we could get her out). Even put up new curtains. It's still a mess and there is a lot of cleaning to do, but we made a lot of progress. Took friend home & went to Walmart to get cleaning supplies, fabric refresher, & air freshener. I'm going to tackle some of that tomorrow or later tonight when the naprosyn kicks in. Right now my back is being spiteful.

Mom called from the hospital to tell us she might be released tomorrow.

Landline is down-- only static and no dialtone. Not sure what is wrong. Need to link the cellphones to it but have to find the instructions on how and my brain is not with it right now.

I still need to watch the video Spicoli sent me but my brain is mush. Got so busy with stuff, but at least we accomplished a lot.

@Ron Van I'm going to live vicariously through you. Maybe next year the inside of the house will be in better shape and motivate me to decorate more than what I have.
Y’all will love this….

1701952499102.jpeg

I do this every year on two of our cars for the last 5 years or so. I got some 12vdc fairy lights from Amazon and hooked it into a “ignition hot” circuit using an auto fuse tap like this.

1701952752214.png

I’ve been blowing leaves for a week now and then mulching them with the mower. This yard was completely covered with a carpet of leaves.

1702066370299.jpeg

It resulted in two piles of mulch.

1702066491507.jpeg

I burnt one pile last week and this pile today.

1702066537466.jpeg

We used to have burn barrels in bellflower, & off los Coyotes & spring st.

Prior to 2001, California, particularly the Sac Valley, used to burn rice stubble after the harvest.

I took some people from the Air Resources Board up in the airplane to observe the smoke from these rice fields. It was a huge problem because the smoke had nowhere to go. Depending on the conditions, the tops of the smoke would be at 3,000 to 10,000 feet high. Above the smoke, it would be clear and you could see the mountains but on the ground, the visibility was poor.

The Sac Valley (San Joaquin too) is surrounded by mountains. On the burn days, pilots had to get an IFR clearance to get back into the airport because the visibility was so bad.

They passed legislation in 1991 snd 2001 to restrict rice field burning. Eventually, counties started cracking down on all kinds of burning.

When I still lived in Sac County, my neighbor had a metal wood burner in his back yard. Our lots in the neighborhood were only 60’ wide by 100’ deep. Our house took up most of our lot only leaving a small back yard and a small front yard with 10’ on each side. Our neighbor started burning the stinkiest wood that would produce smoke that hugged the ground and came right over to our house. On warm days, I liked to open a window and turn on the Whole House Fan to get some cool outside air into the house but this smoke from my neighbor's burner was so bad that I couldn’t do that. I complained but he didn’t care. I tried calling the police, the fire department and anyone else who might enforce the strict no-burn laws in California but nobody really wanted to enforce it.

Last edited:
We used to have burn barrels in bellflower, & off los Coyotes & spring st.
Do you still live in Bellflower? A guy I used to fly with transferred from the Long Beach base to the Sac base in 1990. He sold his small 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath house in Bellflower for a small fortune and bought a big new house in Laguna (City of Elk Grove, South of Sac). Bellflower is ridiculously priced.

@Ron Van I'm going to live vicariously through you. Maybe next year the inside of the house will be in better shape and motivate me to decorate more than what I have.
i took some more of our “Tree” pictures for you!

This on my MIL’s side of the house.
IMG_4680.jpeg

This is in our bathroom, Ewwww!
IMG_6518.jpeg

Hallway
IMG_6523.jpeg

Main tree
IMG_6522.jpeg

Charlie Brown tree
IMG_6521.jpeg

Dining room
IMG_6520.jpeg

Driveway trees
IMG_6524.jpeg

Yard trees
IMG_6525.jpeg

Do you still live in Bellflower? A guy I used to fly with transferred from the Long Beach base to the Sac base in 1990. He sold his small 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath house in Bellflower for a small fortune and bought a big new house in Laguna (City of Elk Grove, South of Sac). Bellflower is ridiculously priced.
I moved to LKWD. in 69, CA is ridiculously priced. 3 story, 2bdrm walk-up in Aliso, 2016, $2,375, 2 story, 2bdrm walk-up bismarck n dak, $243. 5 bdrm apple valley minn. $1,780, 2% fixed.

The times, they are-a-change-in.

Back