What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I go light on the news I heard about it later than most but Bud Light featured a rainbow beer. Stores have had problems even trying to give away Bud Light to reduce stock. I knda get a kick out of it, boycotts are usually ineffective. I guess this one musta roused up the 'good ole boys'.
Bud Light has faced a boycott from some conservative commentators and celebrities, saw sales plummet and had two marketing executives go on leave. It was also criticized by some in the L.G.B.T.Q. community for its tepid response to the backlash.​

Last edited:
I kinda like this one which merges genres,

View attachment 31098
Yup, same difference. One is "ew person on package yucky" and the other is "boo! person on package is being trivialized": equally juvenile, equally idiotic. People need to get out more I guess.

I hope they boycott Bud Zero so I can get it for free, that'd be great.

Edit to add: that lady in your picture is making a funny face but man she has perfect teeth. She should do dentist commercials.

That's no lady, that's (in your face) climate activist Greta Thunberg. The meme world just grabs her face for its purposes.

That's no lady, that's (in your face) climate activist Greta Thunberg. The meme world just grabs her face for its purposes.
Whoever she is, she has a really nice set of teeth. My eyes just keep going back to them!

I've dropped all AB products. It's a bit like my political vote, it won't make a difference but it makes me feel better.

I've dropped all AB products. It's a bit like my political vote, it won't make a difference but it makes me feel better.
Better about what? I don't get it. There's something awful about every spokesman, and every choice of spokesman, you can find if you're willing to look for it. Why let such a silly exercise dictate what products you buy? For beer (NA beer in my case) it is taste and price, simple. Ideology is a means to be led around by the nose.

I chose Budweiser years ago because I liked the work they were doing to preserve the American Eagle. I was spending the money anyway so why not spend it where it gives me a good feeling. Some say even our gifts to our favorite charities are in reality just to make us feel better.

Now as one might recall from drag queen reading hour discussions I have some strong opinions. It's not so much that LG+ exists (that's their problem, not mine) but it's the in-my-face attitude that I don't like and I won't be led by the nose into PC. I don't want to even think of it while enjoying an occasional beer thus no AB products for me. On the plus side Miller is cheaper so its a win-win situation.

Last edited:
Miller / Coors also is a big supporter of the LQVBD423%&#@ movement. The problem with the movement, as Bud, Target, Kohls, Disney, Pixar etc. are finding out, is that pandering to the 1% of the population doesn't work because even within that 1% of the population is people that don't agree with "Pride Month", which isn't needed because the tiny minority never shuts up the other 11 Months.

BUD has lost over $15 Billion in market cap since they put the guy on the can that has pretended to be a girl for a year, and Target has lost around $14 Billion since they featured their "Tranny Tuck" displays.

Bud never tasted good to me, but Michelob is the best national Beer I have ever had in a Keg. I'll miss it. They also had a great NA Beer we drank constantly in Iraq.

Broke my rule on shopping and ventured into the Zoo around Noon. I usually get everything done early then get in Costco at their atrocious opening hour of 1000 and then I'm done, minimal traffic...

For some reason I thought it would be an easy Thursday... It wasn't though, tons of snot goblins running around, and the Adults here NEVER keep control of them. Good luck in a parking lot. As I was processing how long my trip would be because of said snot goblins, I was wondering if the Adults took them all out of school because of woke policies, but then realized it wasn't May because it was hotter than May is.

Told you I drift off into outer space!

The Wall Street Journal reported that the Obama admin. (They call it Biden) knew the Titanic Sub imploded on Sunday but withheld the news until they could talk about it all day long, "hoping for a rescue" on Thursday instead of having to talk about the scandals involving Hunter Biden and Adam Schiff.

That is Evil on an entirely different level. All the families holding out hope, just a straw of hope that there could be miraculous news... For 4 days and nights...

I drink whatever tastes good and fits within the price I'm willing to pay when I walk past it on the shelf. I don't know who's in the ad, I never saw an ad, I never met the person in the ad, the person in the ad did nothing for me, did nothing against me. I live my life, drink my beer, hope it's discounted, and let all who are fools go bankrupt and/or thirsty.

It wasn't only an ad, it was also a can if not photo shopped. Also a rainbow screw top can. Now that I know, It's simple I made my choice. YMMV!

1687483164951.png1687483237407.png

Last edited:
It wasn't only an ad, it was also a can if not photo shopped. Also a rainbow screw top can. Now that I know, It's simple I made my choice. YMMV!

View attachment 31103View attachment 31104
Bud Zero has a plain old silver can, so I wouldn't know, but if they'd changed it to rainbow I wouldn't care. The one with the face looks like a generic face, I would have had no idea who it is and wouldn't care about that either. Seems like you have to already have something invested in it to be affected one way or the other. I mean no disrespect and I think you're generally an admirable person Eddie but this is a very dumb hangup you've got about the beer.

Bud Zero has a plain old silver can, so I wouldn't know, but if they'd changed it to rainbow I wouldn't care. The one with the face looks like a generic face, I would have had no idea who it is and wouldn't care about that either. Seems like you have to already have something invested in it to be affected one way or the other. I mean no disrespect and I think you're generally an admirable person Eddie but this is a very dumb hangup you've got about the beer.
My hangup has little to do with the beer, we have seriously different personal values and ideals. I don't mind our jousting as it helps bring out the differences which may put others (especially parents) on the alert. But for Spicoli I wouldn't have known about the DQRH controversy.

Last edited:
!!! Seriously?!
Yeah... I can't work and sweat from 0600 to 0900 then shower then go for their special hours and then get back at 1200... If I work, I work all day and have to take the day off for precious Costco and their dumb hours. When I go and get back at 1200, there's most of the day blown up... In the Winter I don't mind.

My hangup has little to do with the beer, we have seriously different personal values and ideals. I don't mind our jousting as it helps bring out the differences which may put others (especially parents) on the alert. But for Spicoli I wouldn't have known about the DQRH controversy.
Yeah, if Drag Queens were reading to each other and whipping each other in their gay bars, who cares? I wouldn't even care if there were 5 of those bars in town. If the entire LQVDYTW76H movement just hung out with each other then there would be no big deal. I don't remember ever meeting someone that actively hated gay people, I just hate their insecurity, and in the case of the Drag Queens that read to kids, their Demonic feelings toward the kids...

Speaking of those being led by the nose, it's normal people being led to accept abnormalities w/o detecting the paradigm shift.

Back