What oil do you use and why?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could spread mine on my dirt driveway. Keep the dust down. Oil came from the earth but please never try and put it back.

There are numerous places I can take it to , free . I suspect there is probably a secondary market for it . Maybe making bio-diesel ? Seems like I remember seeing paving contractors spraying some sort of " oil looking liquid " as part of the paving process ?

Might check & see if there is really a secondary market in your area ? Also do a google search for used oil .

Best of luck ! :)

Wyr
God bless

I wish I could spread mine on my dirt driveway. Keep the dust down. Oil came from the earth but please never try and put it back.

We lived on a farm ( rented ) until I was in the 5th grade . The farm had oil wells on it . The oil company would spread waste oil on the dirt roads .

I suppose the volatiles would evaporate off leaving behind what , when mixed with dirt & baked in the summer sun , eventually became kind of like asphalt .

Not bad roads for farm implements & tractors . Or slow moving vehicles .

I have seen paving contractors spraying something like oil , as part of the paving process . Might check it out . Might be , you could legally use it for that ?

God bless
Wyr

Tgere is nothing wrong with outing oil on the ground. It's the same thing as you can pour as much concrete on the ground to build a driveway but against the law to rinse out the concrete chute into the dirt. Check asphalt is mostly oil.

Here we have a so called environmentally friendly oil we can use.

Back