what order should I finish my bathroom in? and how should I coat the walls/floor/ceiling?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 62345

Reaction score
The bathroom in the house I bought is partially finished. The whole bathroom has been plastered with mixed quartz granules, including the floor. all plumbing including drains are roughed in.
I want to attempt to finish the washroom myself but I'm not sure what order to go in to complete it and I'm also unsure what sort of sealant to use on the quartz to give it a thick gloss finish/smooth finish
and do you think a gloss finish will disguise those wavy lines in the quartz shown in my one picture?
Should applying gloss be my next step here?
IMG_6744.JPGIMG_6746.JPGIMG_6748.JPG

Welcome.
So, what are your plans with regards to adding another wall covering to the shower area, and are you installing a pullman/vanity or a pedestal, console or wall mounted fixture?

Welcome.
So, what are your plans with regards to adding another wall covering to the shower area, and are you installing a pullman/vanity or a pedestal, console or wall mounted fixture?
Thanks for the welcome!
What do you mean by wall covering? I was just going to cover the quartz with clear epoxy and leave it like that.
The shower will get custom glass enclosure. it will be extremely basic. havent thought about the style yet (sliding glass or opening)
Just going to stick with a basic 30" vanity (example in pic)
standard toilet.vanity.jpg

Thanks. As for the plastered shower walls, gypsum plaster is not water resistant and simply adding a clear glaze, even oil based, will not make it so, so something more permeable would be advised. When that's been accomplished simply masking and applying the finished glazing for the balance of the wall areas can be accomplished.

As for the floor, most commercial paint vendors have clear gloss application, which are, relative, non-skid.

Back