Who hunts?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I like about having a lease. 968 acres and you don't see anybody else. If I had to hunt public land I'd probably retire.

We have so many deer here that I have seen them on the corner of my block, and I live downtown.

I am looking at buying 80 acres in Idaho not far from the house I bought just so I can build a cabin and hunt in peace. Just trying to find the right spot. Leases are cool, whats it cost for that?

I am looking at buying 80 acres in Idaho not far from the house I bought just so I can build a cabin and hunt in peace. Just trying to find the right spot. Leases are cool, whats it cost for that?

$4,200 a year and we split it 6 ways. And we have use of the land for a year, hunting all game, camping, 4 wheelers...

I would love to have that. What does the owner use it for?

It's owned by Regions Bank. There's 6,000 acre in this tract divided up into 3 leases. It's managed by a timber mgt company that has many tracts like ours through central Tennessee. The timber is harvested and replanted. The hardwoods have been replaced with pines. The profits are used for 401k plans.

I need to look into that in Idaho. That would be worth it tome to have my own spot.

What a beautiful day to be in the woods, perfect morning. Saw a couple young bucks, had them up under my tree stand for about 20 minutes. They were feeding on acorns. My hunting buddy shot a nice doe. He saw a couple bucks with small racks, big boys aren't moving much yet, they will be soon.

I've never had squirrel. Is it any good?

I have hunted in the rain but not by choice.... The weatherman got it wrong. However, they all turned out to be awesome hunts...

So far I have made it out for two days this season. This is the last week and it is not looking good for me. Running a business and moving out of state sure keep you busy.

Headed out Thursday for our last trip of archery season, muzzle loader starts this coming Saturday. Last Sunday was juvenile and two of our young hunters shot bucks. I love seeing kids get involved in outdoor activities. Report from the lease last weekend is the big boys are starting to move and the place had a bunch of sign, scrapes and rubs.

Thats awesome, I have been trying to get my nephews into it for years.

Latest posts

Back