Who hunts?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the biggest buck I have ever seen yesterday, it was on the side of the highway in a snow storm halfway through Nevada just hanging out eating what grass it could find. I swear the rack was bigger than the deer.

Spent the day in the deer woods with 3 friends. 2 does and a nice 9 pointer at the processor.

I spent the day loading a trailer at my shop. Flying cross country in a few hours for some drinking.

Give me a call if you need bailed out of jail!

Back to the deer woods in the morning. Seen a lot of movement from the Big Boys lately, time to get serious about this...

Last week my idaho house got a freak snow storm which brought in about a foot of snow and at the same time brought the deer down. In the ten miles drive home from the dmv I counted 141 deer at about 3pm. They were everywhere.

View attachment 20161229_162247.jpg

Went to the deer lease this morning, moved some stands, put up a new one, cut some trails, put out a couple feeders and a salt lick, hiked some hills and hollars, shot a couple guns, rode 4 wheelers, had a lot of fun.

I killed a paper target by shooting at it with my new S&W Shield. I also love that little gun.

Glad you like it, I love the Kimber Micro9! Ate everything I feed it, round nose and hollow points. Ran a box of 115 grain through it and no hiccups. Recoil felt better than my Beretta 92, go figure. Totally happy with it.

Where do you shoot one to get that kind of mount? I was always taught to shoot them near the shoulder. Looks like a shot there would ruin that type of mount.

Latest posts

Back