Why do you like where you live?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
So over the last few years we have been talking about leaving CA. We have a few places in mind but nothing locked in. Just wondering what you guys like about your area?

I like CA for the weather and ease of getting stuff no matter what it is from dinner to tires to some off the wall things. I like the opportunity, you can make as much money as you want out here if you are willing to work for it or steal it from others like most do out here.

My dislikes are the politics/rules/bans of everything, cost of living, room, there is no room. I hate the traffic everywhere I go, it should not take 3 hours to go 60 miles. The just plain unhappy people, they are everywhere and everyone is in some sort of hurry all the time.

Chris, grass is always greener on the otherside. The thing I like about Tennessee is there is country 20 minutes from downtown, the economy isn't as fickle as the rest of the country, things are a little slower than bigger cities, people are still half way friendly, Nashville has the conviences of a big city with some smalltown charm left.

Moving anywhere and starting over is, well...starting over. You loose friends, contacts, family, and things you are familar with. Living in Tennessee isn't perfect, but I sure don't want to move anywhere else. Been here 26 years and it's home.

I went to Tenn. for my first and second time just last year. I will tell you that the folks are so friendly there. I stopped to check my directions and before I could turn on the GPS, I had two people walk over to me and asked how they could help me. Yes, I'm headed back real soon myself.

Georgia is my Home and I cant think of anywhere else I would rather live. like Tennessee We have city 20-30 minutes from the country. I can be in the big city of Atlanta in 45 minutes (with no traffic or I can drive 45 minutes north and there is nothing. I'm right in between living in the big city and no big stores at all. The small town of Jefferson that I live in is nice. If it werent for work I would never have to leave Jefferson. We have Mitchell hardware that has a lumber yard and on most stuff they match Home Depots prices and the lumber quality is way better. @ home Depot I have to sort thru a whole stack of 2x4's to get 10 gooduns. @ Mitchells I dont even have to look at them, I know there good. we also have several family owned local restraunts and a kroger within 5 minutes from the house. People actually care and will help each other around here.

Wish I could say the same about where I live but ever since I moved from a small town to the city I have not liked it and I don't even live right in the city. Around here you can drive 2 hours in any direction and still be in the city. Between the over populated places here and the silly laws we live by I am just losing interest in the area.

I have never been to California but from what I hear Its somewhere you need to visit but you wouldnt wanna live there? I def want to come check it out theres to much offroad racing and rock crawling out there not to!! That is one thing I wish Georgia had more of!

Let me know when you are coming and I will put you up in my mountain house.

It's gonna be a few, but I'll make it eventually and I'll take you up on the offer!

Yeah I know but theres that fuel bill that always seems to stop me from going on any long trips!

Yeah I know but theres that fuel bill that always seems to stop me from going on any long trips!

Probably cheaper to fly and rent a car. I flew round trip to Boston and back for 240 bucks and then a rental car for 10 days for about 200 bucks.

Probly would be cheaper but you see alot more on the drive.....

Yes you do, a road trip is always fun too.

I have always lived in the midwest. I do not like cities at all. my small town has about 8,000 people in it. I am valued by the community and the people are friendly. I can get all the way across town in less than 15 minutes. With the internet and UPS everything I want is delivered directly to my door. I own 3 acres of land I have excellent job security. and I live 45 minutes from omaha and 70 minutes from DesMoines so if I need anything I can't find in my small town I can always drive to omaha. I have always lived in small towns. I chose my specialty because I did not want to live in the city. I have had many job offers from large cities and have not even gone to interview I have no desire at all to live like that. I don't even really like going to home depot that much. I hate crowds. I love my small town, and plan to die here.

I still don't like where I live but also several people have told me the grass is not greener on the other side. I think they are wrong.

I swear, if I had a chunk of land like that, I promise you all I would mow the lawn naked. Why you ask? Because I could!

Latest posts

Back