Why do you like where you live?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I will never have the bucks to buy a spread like that, you are safe and can quit itching.

You're correct but I do know alot about divorces and those type of blood sucking insects.

You're correct but I do know alot about divorces and those type of blood sucking insects.

I understand, the only difference is you don't have to give half your stuff to the bugs...

I swear, if I had a chunk of land like that, I promise you all I would mow the lawn naked. Why you ask? Because I could!

Naaaa, mowing gets old after a while. I mow around the house and shop. The rest I put in hay. I rent out the pasture in the far back to a guy with race horses. I live, kind of, in the country. I'm about 8 miles outside a place called Ocala, Fl, or as the locals refer to it. SLOcala;) NO traffic, we have a "rush minuet" here at 5:00PM:D GREAT weather from Oct-May. The rest of the months, you have days that you just need to stay inside with the A/C roaring:cool:

View attachment 01A-hay at shop.jpg

That is not an image that comes to mind when you are talking about Florida. Beautiful place!

That is not an image that comes to mind when you are talking about Florida. Beautiful place!

Yea hava, ur right. When friends from "up north" come to visit, I love the look on their face the first time they come:) This is what you normally think of when someone says FLORIDA
http://www.garageretreat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1950&stc=1&d=1383308813

or this

http://www.garageretreat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1951&stc=1&d=1383308854

This is what MY florida looks like:

http://www.garageretreat.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

http://www.garageretreat.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

The other 2, Daytona or The Mouse House I can drive to in about an hour. Florida is in the top 10 in the nation for cattle production and Ocala is one of the top producers of thoroughbred race horses. Marion county, where I live is aprox 1600 sq miles with only 300,000 people living in it. 75% of them living in incorporated city of Ocala. Pace of living here, don't be in a hurry to do anything. Most business are closed on Saturday and Sunday. And the best day for yard sales----Friday. I wouldn't live anyplace else.

Central Florida from Orlando to Ocala is beautiful!

View attachment daytona.jpg

View attachment daytona2.jpg

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

I like CA for the weather and ease of getting stuff no matter what it is from dinner to tires to some off the wall things. I like the opportunity, you can make as much money as you want out here if you are willing to work for it or steal it from others like most do out here.

My dislikes are the politics/rules/bans of everything,.

I love Cali, but wouldn't move there for the reasons you want to leave. Southern Oregon would be my stopping point.

In western Washington, unlike the southwest, or Florida, there are three months to be outside, then comes the cold rainy season, followed by the warm rainy season. I have at least eight rain coats. Five of them are similar, the other three fill niches. Nobody can drive unless it's dry and overcast. The snow is a real hoot because nobody native knows how to drive, and anyone from Minnesota who thinks coastal snow is like Midwest snow winds up in the ditch too. People tend to be a-holes around here. As i say, "People in Philly pretend to be rude, but they're really polite. People in Seattle pretend to be polite, but they're really rude." Passive/aggressive, I believe it's called. Once you reach Portland people begin to chill out; once you reach Norcal, people start acting human again.

Climate variety in Washington is diverse, with Puget Sound, the Pacific coast, Eastern Washington sage desert, and NE Washington high desert pines. The NE zone extends up into Canada. (Funny to say 'Canadian desert' to a costal Canadian for the short argument that ensues.)The Olympic Peninsula measures rainfall in FEET. Employment is fairly diverse, however, like anywhere in the US, manufacturing is becoming rarer. Washington State Constitution is firearm friendly, and even with the Brady Bunch getting a pistol ban on the ballot in 1996 (WA has referendums) it was soundly defeated by 63%.

I guess Washington is a little like Cali with less friendly people, more rain and a little more moderate politically.

Latest posts

Back