Window Tint

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machuca

Reaction score
I live in the South and it gets really hot where I live during the summer months. Does anybody know of a good way to tint my garage door windows. Some kind of energy saving thing? It would really help with the cost of the electricity bill.

Rather than window tinting you might want to consider installing exterior solar shades. Usually these are installed on the outside of south facing windows but a month ago or so I also installed them on the outside of our French Door 2 foot X 5 foot windows and they work great. They prevent most of the sun's UV rays from reaching the window, yet you can still see outside.

I purchased mine of the internet for less than $3 per square foot with adhesive hardware rather than the 'standard' screw hardware as I didn't want to make any holes in our new maintenance free window frames that came with our replacement windows.

If interested, here is the link to the article on our installation of this product on our French Doors going from our kitchen out to the deck in the rear of the house.

Back