Hey all, Hoping to get some well needed knowledge on why my fireplace is not operating properly. Hope this is the right section for this type of post. I moved into my new home (50's era) in January and decided I wanted to convert our (illegally installed) propane fireplace (originally wood), back to wood burning. Everything was still in its place, so all I had to do was remove the gas log set and gas line. With the flume open I can clearly see the outside, its a single story house so the chimney is not very tall. There doesnt appear to be any obstructions. Since we have hit some cooler temps as of recent, I've had the chance to test out the fireplace a few times. Overall, it works well.. But our house clearly smells of smoke, and at times Ive seen some smoke being "pushed" into the house. Last night the fire was dying out and it seemed as though without the heat or the fire pushing the air up, its easiest escape was to fill the house with smoke. Im wondering if its simply becsuse of the design of the fireplace it self, the opening of the flume seems rather small to me. Maybe the top of the chimney needs a cap on it? Will post pics soon, thanks!