What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was up all night tending to my kitty. He had one more massive seizure and died this morning. :-(

i had montezuma's revenge early this morning. Spent a lot of the day either in the bathroom, trying to sleep it off, and looking after my cat. He had 3 seizures. Two after i moved him over a few feet so he wasn't blocking the door (he's been lying on the floor). And one after i gave him some lysine orally. It seems that it stresses him out. I'm not sure what to do. I'm pretty sure he'd really freak out if i took him back to the vet-- not sure he'd even survive the trip. Kept thinking he was going to die and just when i'm about to give up hope for him, he perks back up enough and tries to drink something. But he doesn't even stand up to pee anymore. He just pees on himself and i have to clean him up.

tmi..LOL..................sorry bout the cat .

Thanks. I wish I could have done more for the little guy. If I lived in an area with better vets they probably would have done more for pain management. Where my sister lives, they have 24-hour vet services and they make house calls. All I could do was be there for him and pet him and do my best to comfort him in the end.

It's business as usual for the other cats-- who were largely unaware of what was going on, but were upset about being barred from that room. My kitty Itsy climbed on me, headbutted me and licked the tears off of my face. I can't seem to find my shovel and I think it is over at a friend's house. My brother is taking it pretty badly since Kunta Kitteh was his favorite cat.

I took one of my kitties to the vet for updating vaccines. Will have to spread out getting the vaccines bc of the cost. The two oldest have been deemed "too old" for vaccines by the vet, so I don't need to bring them in. But I need to make sure the youngest ones have their FelV and Rabies shots. Rabies shots are now every 3 years instead of 1.

A couple of mine have the feline Herpes (which affects the eyes and respiration) so I've been giving them Lysine. Found something on Amazon where the lysine is mixed into a paste with poultry flavor and contained in a syringe with a cap. So I can squirt out specific amounts of it (it has a dial on the plunger that lets me set dosage) into their food, on a plate, or directly into their mouths. It's already improved the fur texture of the cat who has it the worst. Poor thing needs some more teeth pulled though.

I've been able to go outside and go for walks again now that the weather has cooled off. I need to cut some weeds and then fix some outdoor faucets that broke during the winter. I've got some insulation so I can wrap them up to hopefully prevent them from freezing again.

I need to patch a hole in the side of the pump house where the cow leaned on it and it broke. I'm seriously thinking of just taking that aluminum tape used for ductwork and putting it on as a temporary fix.

I was exhausted the past couple of weeks but I think I'm starting to get a little energy back now.

Edit to add: I just realized I also need to clean the gutters. The bright side is, I just found my hedge clippers so I can manually tackle some of those monstrous weeds with all the stupid burs on them.

Last edited:
This is the only place that i could wear a sequined g string and not look out of place!

20161031_073811.jpg

Chris, I really like the color of your roof.

Havasu, LOL! Lovely pictures. Makes me miss California. I haven't been there in a loooong time. I was actually born in San Francisco.

I picked up a used trailer today. Idaho or bust!
I hope you have a safe trip.

I finally gathered most of the info I need and called the lawyer my doctor recommended (better late than never). He was very nice on the phone and wanted to make sure the appointment time was convenient for me. I can see why my doctor likes him. My appointment is tomorrow (well, technically later today).

Went to visit a friend and found out that his ex gf claims she lost the key to his place, yet my brother saw her car over at his place when my friend was at work. Friend got home and found his front door wide open, his cat and two of her kittens missing. So I bought him a new deadbolt. He's going to help troubleshoot my mother's computer on his day off.

I picked up a used trailer today. Idaho or bust!

nice trailer, just big enough for your tools, how is your wife going to get her stuff there ? :rofl:

When I moved from buda tx to bude Ms...LOL I know right !

I made 3 trips in the biggest ryder has,

then flew back.

pita...

nice trailer, just big enough for your tools, how is your wife going to get her stuff there ? :rofl:

When I moved from buda tx to bude Ms...LOL I know right !

I made 3 trips in the biggest ryder has,

then flew back.

pita...

It's gonna be several trips. I planned my moved to take six months just so I don't have to rush.

I have two 20 foot storage containers that fit on my backhoe trailer, those should hold quite a bit too.

Back