Building a hunting shack.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, that old fridge, THAT is a smoker..do you know how to convert it?

NICE hunting camp.

My two cent addition....I'm place a few more blocks around the perimeter base to prevent warping of the floors. Looking great. What area is that?

Back at it this morning after fighting with raccoons trying to steal stuff

I've been researching this composting toilet business a lot lately. For a limited use situation like yours I wouldn't spend the money on a commercial composting toilet. Even if money was not an issue, it's not the best solution for your situation. Bucket sawdust toilets are actually very well regarded and dead simple to make. Just build a box with a toilet seat over a 5 gallon bucket. The bucket starts with some sawdust at the bottom, you do your business, then add a scoop of sawdust on top of that. Done correctly, this method is supposed to not stink much at all. It will work best if you limit the amount of urine in the bucket.

Once the bucket needs to be emptied, pull it out, replace it with another, and empty the bucket in a 50 gallon plastic barrel that serves as your composter. I'm going to build one of these later this year and I plan on using biodegradable bags in the bucket so that the bucket requires no messy cleanup when it's emptied.

HA!! your correct!

why not dig a hole, do your bidness, cover with dirt
repeat as needed till hole filled. move to another spot

fella is at deer camp couple weeks at the most.

HA!! your correct!

why not dig a hole, do your bidness, cover with dirt
repeat as needed till hole filled. move to another spot

fella is at deer camp couple weeks at the most.

I think the pit toilet is a pretty good solution. Just adding to the composting toilet part of the discussion.

Even A/C? Damn dude, that's not roughing it at all.

When are you going to mount the sign over the door that reads:

"Dad's pad when Mom's mad?"

Latest posts

Back