california going dry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People on the news said they were driving away from the fire but the fire department blocked them off and stopped them. They also said it was more of a free for all with no help or coordination from authorities.

It's been raining all morning and is supposed to for the next couple days.

So I think in the last couple days we have had more if a winter than we did all winter. I have done more repairs to our road today than I have since January.

People on the news said they were driving away from the fire but the fire department blocked them off and stopped them. They also said it was more of a free for all with no help or coordination from authorities.
That sounds typical. I won't go into why I say that.

Sounds like the drought is over!

I'm sure the drought is still in full effect. I'm sure they will use it to make as much money as they can until people catch on.

Watching the news this morning and flooding all over Southern California. I10 is closed between us and Arizona due to a bridge and part of the highway getting washed away. Parts got 2.5" of water in the last two days, if that doesn't sound like a lot we got 8" all of last year.

Once it becomes obvious that the drought is over, I wonder what the political types will come up with to make money with knowing there is too much water.

I know, they will need more money for new storm sewers etc.

Once it becomes obvious that the drought is over, I wonder what the political types will come up with to make money with knowing there is too much water.

I know, they will need more money for new storm sewers etc.

I think they will play the same card we always hear when we have a winter with weeks of temps 25 or 30 below zero and people start asking where is my global warming you promised. They always come back with we are just an abnormality and or the increased cold is a sign of the warming of the polar icecaps and that heating is causing the cold.
In this case they will disregard all the rain and as most of it wasn’t collected and came on to fast to replenish the aquafer so it was all drained off and lost and rapid rainfalls are a sign of the overall heating of the planet and not a good sign at all and now we have to double down on the austerity measures.
Don’t be surprised if Al Gore makes another movie to explain it to us in simple terms the common uneducated folk can understand. Not to mention all the rain washed all the carbon out of the air and now that water isn’t safe.

I think they will play the same card we always hear when we have a winter with weeks of temps 25 or 30 below zero and people start asking where is my global warming you promised. They always come back with we are just an abnormality and or the increased cold is a sign of the warming of the polar icecaps and that heating is causing the cold.
In this case they will disregard all the rain and as most of it wasn’t collected and came on to fast to replenish the aquafer so it was all drained off and lost and rapid rainfalls are a sign of the overall heating of the planet and not a good sign at all and now we have to double down on the austerity measures.
Don’t be surprised if Al Gore makes another movie to explain it to us in simple terms the common uneducated folk can understand. Not to mention all the rain washed all the carbon out of the air and now that water isn’t safe.

Forget "Global Warming". It is an unfortunate phrase that probably should never have been used. Just change those words to "Climate Change" and everything makes a lot more sense.

Forget "Global Warming". It is an unfortunate phrase that probably should never have been used. Just change those words to "Climate Change" and everything makes a lot more sense.

I can get behind “Climate Change” in fact yesterday it was more than 120 degrees warmer here than it was just 6 months ago. Not just the heat, at -35F the humidity was just about zero percent and yesterday it was pushing 100%. So there is no doubt some climate change going on. There have been several Little Ice Ages recorded from 1600’s to now. Some evidence goes back as far as 1200’s thru carbon dating of plants froze in glacial ice. Good read on “Climate Change” over the last 800 or so years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age
Climate has been changing for a very long time. It changes short term and it changes long term when long term is a relative thing in terms of human activity and recording or being able to measure it with our current science.
I only use the term “global warming” to show how ridicules that frenzy was. I totally support the use of “Climate Change” but I think the incorrect term now being used that’s every bit as ridicules as “global warming” is “Man-made Climate Change” where the only factor of discussion is mans impact. It is even alluded to that it is more of a” North American Man-made Climate Change” or even a “United States of America Man-made Climate Change”. Let’s take it really to where most really want to call it and come up with the new and proper term, “United States of America Free Enterprise, Capitalism Industrial based economic Man-made Climate Change”. That really spells it out best I think and places all the blame where it belongs whatever direction the climate goes.
:eek:

1816 is called the year without a summer .

The midevil warm period , England produced finer wine than france. Europe got dependent on wheat , when the weather changed , crops failed , people died. It led up to the black plague.

There is major evidence out there even further back , there were major climate disturbences. I don't have time to look them up , and you have to dig. Archeology and such professions are as corrupt as government itself. If you propose a theory agianst the textbook , your ridiculed and your funding is cut. Egyptogoly for example is BIG business , alot of tourism. They don't like you messing with thier income.

The world has a far different timeline and past that we are all taught . It's just a matter of fact that nobody really cares.

That sounds dumb but I guess you have to look at what all gets shut down to do the work. How long would it take?

Shutting down a fourteen story apartment building for about an hour. The apartment personal just want to do it and don't need notice. It's the water department that has rules they need to follow. I guess we will see how day three goes.

Trust me, there is water wasted all day everyday on the government level but the rules don't apply to them.

I was listening to a news show last night about how water shortage is the new global warming. People just are not believing in that anymore so it's on to the next big thing.

I have been reading about aquifers, refilling the with surface water is no small job. There is no argueing about lake Meed looks like, you need snow in the mountains. We have had record heat and dry here. It's starting to feel like California. Not used to it, we are supposed to be in a rain forest.

We definitely need water but I don't think we are in any crazy drought, we are just in a natural cycle. We will get water back, it's just a matter of when. We could have a heavy winter and fill everything up. Who knows?

We should all do our best to conserve resources at any rate. I just hate that everything now days is used as an excuse to make more money. Water rates are going up because we are using less yet a year or two from now when we have plenty of water rates will go up again to pay for getting rid of excess water. These water companies are supposed to be a not for profit yet at the same time they are saying they need to raise rates to make an extra 250 million a year they are donating 250 million a year of excess money's to the city of Los Angeles. It's all the scams and fake reasons for things that upset people. If they were are truly running a good business and needed more than people wouldn't hesitate to give more.

Back