california going dry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plenty of water in NY this summer. Alot of flooding , luckly I have a gorge with a 30' drop past my yard . I always complain about our weather , and I have always loved the idea of California , but you guys have way to many problems.

Here , no tornados , hurricanes , earth quakes , wild fires ....ect. just hard winters with snow. I guess it's a trade off for that awesome view you have.

I just had a girl from Indiana come into my office to try and sell me something, she was worried thinking there might be a tsunami or something. I had to laugh because I can't even remember the last time I even felt an earthquake. Really it is pretty mild here, weather is better than most of the world and it is beautiful. but then we have too many people, politics and a fee for everything. Gotta take the bad with the good I guess.

The news has mentioned that residents use about 4% of the states water and we are the only ones being asked to cut or face fines. Everything I found online says we use closer to 10%, here is kinda what the uses are from online sources.

Wild and scenic rivers protected under federal law get 31 percent.

In other rivers, we keep water flowing at a certain rate for recreation, environmental reasons or both. Maintaining such “instream flows” takes around 9 percent.

Keeping seawater out of the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta — the source of much of the state's drinking water — uses about 7 percent.

Managed wetlands get 2 percent.

Cities and towns get 10 percent.

agricultural irrigation accounts for around 41 percent of the state’s water pie.

Looks to me like the only ones who supposedly use the most are the only ones who allow the water used to run right back into the ground on which it was used to seep back into the aquifer from where it came.

You know that it's the evil Republicans who really use the most. And it's Bush's fault!

I can easily solve the problem, just like they did with the Alaskan Pipeline. Every resident from Alaska receives a small kickback of money from the revenue earned from this pipeline. They need to up the costs of any and all produce grown in California, and allow this same kickback to the residents of California, to offset the cost of using all of our water to feed the world.

Nope... won't work. The politicians have the rights to ALL kickbacks.

I can easily solve the problem, just like they did with the Alaskan Pipeline. Every resident from Alaska receives a small kickback of money from the revenue earned from this pipeline. They need to up the costs of any and all produce grown in California, and allow this same kickback to the residents of California, to offset the cost of using all of our water to feed the world.

we are already giving 3/4 of the people in california government checks for food stamps and welfare, might as well send 2 checks in the same envelope

need to pay the illegal aliens an extra 10% just because
and the transgenders...they get an extra 10% cause they wannna be treated the same

I miss anybody?

a.jpg

You know whats sad? The fact that a few large cities in our state give the rest of the country the image that we are all deadbeats. Its very true of LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento and a few other places but really California is full of some really good people and places.

I know that I know at least two or three good people........

You know whats sad? The fact that a few large cities in our state give the rest of the country the image that we are all deadbeats. Its very true of LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento and a few other places but really California is full of some really good people and places.

And they are all members here.:banana:

I was stationed at Mather AFB. sacto, calif..I enjoyed the american river very much..went camping all the time.

hung out at hoffman park.

nice place, The politics and the rich a-holes spoil it for every body else

We all have our cross to bear. I would vote yes in a heartbeat to give Philadelphia to New Jersey. They can even have the liberty bell as well. :eek:

save your efforts. we don't want it....unless you want to trade for Camden.

See how bad it is when your neighbors won’t even take a free city let alone one of the most historic cities in the country.

See how bad it is when your neighbors won’t even take a free city let alone one of the most historic cities in the country.

thats because its old, needs maintance, new pipes, foundation work

darn streets have brick that needs constant pointing.

If you want to get rid of jhovah witness or Mormons who KEEP coming to the door.

I did this back in 1990.

Poured sugar on the table and oregano, invited them in, started hitting on the girl jehovah, asking her if she wanted to do some drugs.
They could not get out of that house fast enough!!!! next time I saw them, they crossed to the other side of the street.
GOOD!!!!

Every time I click on it it goes to the jehovas thing. I'd like to see what you tried to link.

At their site, go to topics, then environment, the secrets of the drought,and
"9 sobering facts about California’s groundwater problem" is what I was trying to share.

They sure don't make it easy :mad:

Back