Funny Pictures and stories....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is for the "rabbit" and Fippy

LOL. We have to drive by Walmart to go to the V-E-T. Fippy sees Walmart and gets excited because I used to walk him around outside while my mother went inside to shop. He actually whimpered the when we drove by without stopping. He likes to watch out the window.

Spider chart: I actually like spiders-- just not brown recluses and black widows.
Not sure if this one has been posted here or not..

10983391_1176028915759893_7187848545195691993_n.jpg

I saw this when I was on a road near a KFC
21639_661361007207314_442779756_n.jpg

Funny story,

Last week one of my guys snapped an axle shaft in my dump truck on the highway 30 miles from home with a full load. Truck loaded probably weighs 30k+. I towed it 30 miles with a tow rope down the highway with my Ford F250 V10 super duty then came the hill climb to my house where I can dump the dirt. Once we hit the dirt road I lost traction so I went home and got my jeep which has a big V8 and 4wd, that made us another couple hundred feet up the road then we were stuck again. Went home and got my tractor. I pushed the truck with the tractor while the jeep and F250 pulled it to where we finally made it home while all my new neighbors were watching. That was embarrassing.

I'll have to upload pictures sometime, but we hired some people do do some cement for our porch as well as around the workshop outside. The workshop was down in the barnyard and the area that needed cement was in the chicken yard part.

The contractor told the truck driver to back the truck in slowly. The guy ignored him and plowed forward toward the pond and then realized there was a pond in front so he had to slam on his brakes. It had been raining a bit so the ground was soft. Weight shifted and slammed the front of his truck into the mud, breaking the steps. There was no way to get the truck backed up near where the concrete needed to be poured, so the contractor had his men set up a chute and some buckets and it took them much longer to do the work. Meanwhile, the cement company supervisor got on the horn and told my father that he was going to charge HIM extra money for the truck being stuck if he didn't find a way to get the truck out. At that point, my father had been trying to find a way and get some help but then he told the guy that it was his employee who screwed up so he could deal with it.

Two hours later a giant towtruck showed and moved in to the barnyard to try to tow the cement truck out. The ground was too soft so it basically just dug itself into a hole and got stuck. Another two hours later, a second towtruck showed up. It parked on a solid spot in the front yard, extended a chain and winch down to the first towtruck (which was still attached to the cement truck) and started pulling. Eventually the other trucks got unstuck, but the yard was a total muddy mess. The contractor told us not to worry about the cement company and that he'd take care of it. I'm pretty sure that truck driver got fired.

Despite the problems, the job turned out good.

Oh yeah, and then there's this:
10171296_820755701267843_4784682819784872916_n.jpg

Last edited:
Funny story,

Last week one of my guys snapped an axle shaft in my dump truck on the highway 30 miles from home with a full load. Truck loaded probably weighs 30k+. I towed it 30 miles with a tow rope down the highway with my Ford F250 V10 super duty then came the hill climb to my house where I can dump the dirt. Once we hit the dirt road I lost traction so I went home and got my jeep which has a big V8 and 4wd, that made us another couple hundred feet up the road then we were stuck again. Went home and got my tractor. I pushed the truck with the tractor while the jeep and F250 pulled it to where we finally made it home while all my new neighbors were watching. That was embarrassing.

Shoot...around here thats called a day at the races...:beer:
Fun aint it..:D

Latest posts

Back