What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In T shirt and shorts. This time of the year 40* is warm.;)
You can always tell who the Notherners are in Californiq, there the ones not wearing coats.

Lake effect snows coming tonight and then by the end of next week back in the 50’s.

I had to put a sweatshirt on this morning it was down to 33f. Coat hasn’t been out yet this winter.

Go ahead and use the smudge pots but don’t let Governor Moonbeam catch you or he will send you back to Texas so fast your head will spin. Do you burn that smelly bunker fuel in them?

Pool party at Neals

Every night it dips below 30 we are in the hot tub being as how it’s the first winter we have had it. The combination of cold air and 102 water does some interesting things.

Neal’s pool sounds too cold.

Go ahead and use the smudge pots but don’t let Governor Moonbeam catch you or he will send you back to Texas so fast your head will spin. Do you burn that smelly bunker fuel in them?

Burn diesel in them. You can do used oil but it's hard to light.

Yes. Good luck finding heating oil in California. Hard enough getting red dye off-road diesel for my tractors.

Regarding the OP, our weather today is good, but too warm. Today may be the first day in a month that we have been below normal. - The warmth has not been good.

1) A landscaper is offering a service to color the grass "white" to make it look more natural.

2) Ice fishermen had to bring out the boats to fish their favorite spots, but they did eliminate dealing with ice augers. - I never could understand "ice fishing" because no one keeps the ice, but they keep the results of "deer hunting".

3) Ice skating on lakes or ponds has been relegated to swimming.

4) Tomorrow, I may wear my waders while fishing for smallmouth bass and walleyes in Mississippi River in the middle of the Twin Cities.

The warm weather is not at all bad, but next month it could be a big problem since it upsets expectations and plans.

Dick

We got a foot of snow overnight and it sure looks like Christmas. To bad it’s going back up to 50 by the end of the week.

Back