i'm very very very new at this...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassandra

Reaction score
Hello everyone, :)

I stumbled upon this forum while doing some research on bathroom remodeling. I know nothing about anything related to home improvement, but always am interested to learn when I can.

I have a specific question which I hope someone or other can help me with. It's about Re-Bath, and I read one thread here where someone praised them highly but another person commented that there have been many complaints against them on these forums... I tried to find those complaint threads, but couldn't. So if you have had any experience with them, good or bad, could you share with me? My parents are looking to get two bathrooms changed at their place, and they like the idea of Re-Bath or Bathfitters and that kind of thing. None of us in the family know anything about bathroom remodeling, nor do we know people who do, and most importantly, none of us has the time (or knowledge!) to take on such projects by ourselves... which is why they've been looking at Re-Bath. We had a Re-Bath lady come today and talk to us about what they could do for us and give a quote, but I wanted to ask around online before my parents made any further decisions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) Thank you!!

The scuttlebutt is they are to quick,lack quality and don't follow up on the job when there are complaints.
With any company , always ask for references you can go to . See the jobs they have done and ask questions.
Do they have insurance or any claims from the department of consumer protection and the local building official. Are the jobs clean, prompt and finished.
Never pay the last third until you are satisfied with the job.
There are many other things to consider, but these are important with any company.

You also get what you pay for. A cheap price means a cheap job. Get more than one company to give you some prices, you may be happier with a local contractor who may cost a little more....but still has to show their face in town.:D

Oh yea...Welcome.

cassandra - Rebath or bathfitters and their ilk are for when you want to avoid the time of doing a proper, complete, re-do of your bathroom. They are less expensive than a new tub/tile, etc. My opinion is if you are just brigtening up something for a quick sale of a house then go for it. If you are on a tight budget then learn DIY and redo with help form the library, here and other places. If you have the funds and do not want to DIY then get a proper remodeling contractor out to do the job.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

And for the advice. I relayed the information to my parents, and they're still debating. They kind of want to do a quick job without worrying about doing it ourselves or getting contractors, but they also don't want a shoddy job done obviously. But they're considering options. Also, I don't think the thought ever crossed any of our minds to ask for references and seeing other jobs they've done; that's such a sensible and good idea. :)

Thanks a bunch, again! Hope you're all having a good night... or day. :cool:

I just had my tub/surround replaced by a real, old-fashioned local plumber. He used a real tub, Americast, and swanstone surrond: (It's 1/4 corian. solid as a rock).

I love it.

I priced 3 liner companies and they came out either very close in price or alot more. I was stunned.

The sales pitch is astounding, and all 3 told me how bad the other 2 were. I decided to believe all 3 of them and get a regular replacement and I'm glad I did.

My plumber makes alot of money tearing out the cheap liners. They bubble and crack and leak. Don't do it.

The only drawback is that it does take 3 days to replace with real materials. But there's no guarantee that a liner company will actually do it in one day, anyway.

Think of it this way: By the time you discover they can't do it in one day, what are you going to do about it? They've already torn apart your old tub and it's unusable. So, are you going to take them to court?

Skip the liners and get a real americast tub and swanstone surround.

Back