2002 Ford F-250 4x4

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some fluid this morning and I am putting it in as I type this I have 16 quarts in it so far I drove it down the street to get the fluid circulated and am about to add the rest so far so good........

It's good to go. I drove it about 20 miles and the O/D light didnt flash nary a time, shifts when its supposed to and doesnt slam into gear.I even pulled the mobile shop around a little.

Congrats! Hope it stays well for you.

I have a couple glow plugs on their way out or at least codes thrown. That and a new water leak, there is a squeaking when she is cold and that is when it leaks, I think it is the water pump which I installed in November, not even 6 months old.

That sux chris but one thing I have learned is if your gonna have Big trucks your always gonna have big problems to fix, if you want small and cheap truck problems buy little trucks! I personly would rather have big trucks!!!!

I took my truck on a 2.5 hour trip one way to the blue ridge mountains to replace a metal roof and pulled the mobile shop. The truck did well I just made it back home the only damage the trip cost is about $100 gas bill. Yes its fixed and yes I am happy about it but.......shes still going up for sale. I just need more motor and a manual trans for the daily towing I putem through.

That smaller motor would probably had been fine with a manual.

I agree my last truck truck was a 2500 chevy with a 350 small block and a manual it was a beast.

Any luck on selling her? I saw the add on Facebook.

I already have too many of them. You want a few of mine?

Only if one ofem has a straight shift trans.........

I had a trade offer for a 2000 z71 extended cab with 4" lift on 33's auto trans just rebuilt engine just rebuilt. I told him no thanks

Then I got a text asking if it was a deisel I started to ask him if he read my add?! Because it plainly states that ot is a 5.4 gasser. But.......I just replied no.

Only if one ofem has a straight shift trans.........

I wish, but no I don't own anything with a manual any more except my buggy. Even my moped has an auto.

I had a trade offer for a 2000 z71 extended cab with 4" lift on 33's auto trans just rebuilt engine just rebuilt. I told him no thanks

That means they bandaided the problem and want you to have it.

Then I got a text asking if it was a deisel I started to ask him if he read my add?! Because it plainly states that ot is a 5.4 gasser. But.......I just replied no.

People don't know how to read full adds anymore, I think they they just read the year, make, model and call. I like to read as much as possible first, mainly because I don't like to talk to people.

Yeah I say why would I waste my time calling if it aint what I want so I read the whole thing first! I am in the process of working a swap for a 2000 F250, 4x2, extended cab, 7.3 diesel, manual trans.

That blows. Too bad!

Turn too sharp towing? Back into a big rig?

Back