2002 Ford F-250 4x4

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have added 2 quarts of fluid and I have to stop because its starting to rise on the stick I installed that ground and have checked all of the other grounds on the truck as well as all of the fuses all fuses were good. But ............... the O/D light is still flashing. It is behaving better but still doesnt shift when it is supposed sometimes and I have to let off to get it to shift. it is pulling good and not slipping so I really dont know?????

I am still considering the match..............

Well it lost reverse smells and looks burnt. I geuss I'm pullin it back out might just sell it like it is? I cant afford a new transmission. or light a match!

Well it lost reverse smells and looks burnt. I geuss I'm pullin it back out might just sell it like it is? I cant afford a new transmission. or light a match!

Man, that sucks. Look on craigslist or check the junk yards for one. Replace it then sell it, you'll get a lot more for it running.

Yeah I will do that I was planing on selling it anyway.

So whats the plan now that you slept on it?

I'm lookin for a junk yard trans, then sell it.

Your gonna put that trans in and fall in love with her again and keep it. I have been there a few times.

I was never in love with it to begin with just a good deal at the time. As we have already mentioned the 5.4 should have never been an option in a F250. I got two more bell housing bolts and 4 torque converter bolts and shes on the ground. I found a trans for $850 I'm going to get it as soon as I eat this samich and get the slushbox loaded in the TJ

It'll be aight oldog I been through a lot worse. Cant let a stupid duty get me down.:cool:

I didnt get it on the ground till 5:00 and the place that has the trans closes at 5:30 so..........I'll be there when they open at 8:30 in the morning.

Frustrating aint it. after you think you probably came very close to spending that amount on the rebuild anyway.

I have'nt 100% decided yet but I may sell the jeep as well as the truck so I can get something with less than 220,000 miles. I really don't want to but business is not good enough right now to keep up two high mileage vehicles.

actually if I added the price of the rebuild and the price of this used trans, I would be very close to a brand new one!

I paid 2200 for the rebuild in my stupid duty having a shop do all the work.

I hear you on a newer vehicle but I have two trucks well over 300,000 and one over 200,000 and both my jeeps over 200,000 all with very minimal maintenance costs. I think once you get them right they are good.

yeah problem is gettinem right after some jackleg has put 200,000 on it before you get it. I am getting a truck with a manual trans for sure, no matter what the mileage is. I have never had issues with any of the manual trans trucks I have owned but the autos on the other hand I have put a transmission in every autp truck I have had. I just really need to spend more time makin $$ and a lot less time workin on trucks and spendin $$ on em. I DO NOT want to sell that jeep, but at this point I dont know what else to do unless I get lucky and find the truck I want for $7000-$8000 because thats all I'm gonna get out of my 250.

Oh my Jeep by the way is automatic and it is holding up well with 220,000 miles on the clock. But its the only one!

I also haven't had the best luck with autos but it is getting hard to find a good truck with other options and a manual.

Back