A good, cheap bidet?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angrygorilla

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a cheap (<$100) bidet that they're happy with at their house? My friend got me this one as a gift, but it needs to sit underneath the toilet seat, which causes a bit of a gap until you sit on the toilet. I tried to different toilet seats with the same issue. I think I need a bidet that doesn't mount between the seat and the bowl.

IMG_5105.jpgIMG_5106.jpg

Welcome.

1st of all, your "bidet", is not a true fixture, but an, add-on, separate after market appliance.

If you look at the toilet seat you will see cushions that when the seat is lowered, there is an inherent separation between the fixture and the seat.

Is it possible to cut off some plastic from the toilet seat? If you make a gutter in the toilet seat for your bidet, it can fall without a gap, the main thing is not to break the plastic of the toilet seat.
My friend has a bidet connected to the toilet seat, he bought it like that, everything is thought out there and does not interfere with each other

Is it possible to cut off some plastic from the toilet seat? If you make a gutter in the toilet seat for your bidet, it can fall without a gap, the main thing is not to break the plastic of the toilet seat.
My friend has a bidet connected to the toilet seat, he bought it like that, everything is thought out there and does not interfere with each other
So do you think that there is no issue at all here? That it is normal for the bidet and the seat to act that way?

What you might try, is some spacers under the seat bolts.

We've had one of these for a couple of years now:

American Standard 5900A05G.020 Aqua Wash Non-Electric Bidet Seat

61SqNRUFR2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They're only around $70, and are quite easy to install—you simply attach the seat, then insert its connector between your toilet's water supply and hose. The controls are very subtle, just a couple of small chrome knobs at the rear side.

But it works beautifully. When you turn it on, the little spout extends into just the right position, then retracts when you're done.

I can't say enough good things about it. (Well, people don't usually want to hear a lot of details about your bidet seat, LOL—this is my first opportunity.)

The only special consideration is that, because the spout mechanism requires some space at the back, the part of the seat you sit on is somewhat smaller than usual. It just feels a bit different, though; it doesn't interfere at all with doing your business.

I give it 5 stars. I feel sorry for all the peeps going around with unwashed fannies, too—it's so easy and cheap not to.

Good luck!

Now I want one if for no other reason than to bring up what this is doing in normal conversation.
That and I live in the country and have a septic tank....
We've had one of these for a couple of years now:

American Standard 5900A05G.020 Aqua Wash Non-Electric Bidet Seat

61SqNRUFR2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They're only around $70, and are quite easy to install—you simply attach the seat, then insert its connector between your toilet's water supply and hose. The controls are very subtle, just a couple of small chrome knobs at the rear side.

But it works beautifully. When you turn it on, the little spout extends into just the right position, then retracts when you're done.

I can't say enough good things about it. (Well, people don't usually want to hear a lot of details about your bidet seat, LOL—this is my first opportunity.)

The only special consideration is that, because the spout mechanism requires some space at the back, the part of the seat you sit on is somewhat smaller than usual. It just feels a bit different, though; it doesn't interfere at all with doing your business.

I give it 5 stars. I feel sorry for all the peeps going around with unwashed fannies, too—it's so easy and cheap not to.

Good luck!

Back