Air conditioner unit base not level

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccpyue

Reaction score
AC not level -1.jpg AC not lever -2.jpg Hi,

After the winter, I found my air conditioner whole unit inclined towards the back at an angle which is quite big. The rear part is sinking down by more than 1 inch. I tried to lift it up the base concrete slab and put stones and bricks underneath to try to lift the rear base up, but won't help. I think the soil at the rear is too soft, or may be hallow.

I am thinking to lift up the whole air conditioner unit, to make firm the foundation using small rocks and then sand, put back the concrete slab. But lifting up an air conditioner unit is a challenge. I don't want to break the air conditioner itself or its connected hoses.

Any professional can give me some advice and suggestion, to help me to fix this problem, before I ask the air conditioner company to come to fix it?

Attached two photos for your reference. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
It actually looks like the pad is level but the unit is not.
Put some more shims under the pad if this is not the case, eventually it will level out.
Otherwise, gently and carefully lift the unit little by little until it's high enough to work under.
There's really no easy way to do it.

Thanks for the advice. I am a bit scare may damage the air conditioner unit.

Hi, there is not a rock. It is just a dried leave.
I wonder how to lift up the air conditioner unit to put shims under the unit and won't damage it?

Back