Building an arbor/arch

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
I am getting married next summer. We have talked about having an arch/arbor, but to rent one may be too expensive to just rent one for the day. An idea we thought of is if we are going to the expense of renting one, why not build one.

Is there a way to build a sturdy one that can be torn down and then put back up in the yard at home? What are some easy to make, but nice looking designs?

I'd recommend finding a design you like first, and then backtracking into a way to construct something similar in a fashion as to be modular so you can easily disassemble.
Once you have it home, and have a permanent spot in mind, it can be modified to be permanently secured.

If you have a picture, I'd be happy to help with thoughts in how to make it modular.

I'd recommend finding a design you like first, and then backtracking into a way to construct something similar in a fashion as to be modular so you can easily disassemble.
Once you have it home, and have a permanent spot in mind, it can be modified to be permanently secured.

If you have a picture, I'd be happy to help with thoughts in how to make it modular.

Well, that is my initial challenge. Besides googling pictures of an arbor, any good sites that show them?

Back