Ceiling / roof repair - who do I get in?

Discussion in 'Flooring' started by ajmas, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Jul 22, 2008 #1

ajmas

ajmas

ajmas

I am living in an apartment on the last floor of a small apartment building. The ceiling is a "cathedral ceiling", in that it slopes down from the left of a mezzanine down to the level of the window. In the middle there is an arched window which the ceiling is designed with giving an v shape down the middle.

After the winter I noticed evidence of water infiltration (I live in Canada), though I am not sure how to go about trying to find the cause. While I am happy to do DIY I am feeling this is something that will need a professional. The only catch is which one? Should I be getting a general building inspector to come in and look at the issue, in order to get the right type of contractor in, or should I being making use of a roofing contractor?

2. Jul 22, 2008 #2

glennjanie

glennjanie

glennjanie

Welcome AJmas:
    I would get a roofing contractor. They should be familliar with the problem and be able to fix it rather easily.
    Glenn

3. Jul 23, 2008 #3

handyguys

handyguys

handyguys

Yep, roofing contractor unless the leak is around window flashing. Once the leak is fixed then interior repairs can begin.