Chris' BBQ/Bar build

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor owns an upholstery shop and can put him to use.

So over the last few months I have been noticing bees flying under my BBQ deck, well yesterday I decided to pull up a couple boards and to my surprise there was a family of them. They now have a new home making honey for a guy down the road.

View attachment IMG_20121114_155514.jpg

Did some work on the BBQ today finally. The wood bowl I used for a sink was looking pretty sad due to the weather and I never did finish building a faucet so I decided to just go out and get one, did that and sanded and re finished the sink and talked to my upholstery guy neighbor who is going to make a vinyl cover that will fit over them to protect them from the weather when not in use.

View attachment IMG_20121216_100534.jpg

View attachment IMG_20121216_100547.jpg

View attachment IMG_20121216_112706.jpg

View attachment IMG_20121216_112713.jpg

Chris

That is really a nice finish on the sink and the bead board is looking good, too.

Tomorrow I will trim it out and stain it and maybe clean all the junk off the counters, make it look less crappy out there.

I wonder if that propeller will fit my pontoon?

Maybe if it is a Volvo Penta outdrive?

Miracle Sealants 511 impregnator Penetrating Sealer. I think it is the best sealer on the market. I use it on everything.

Miracle Sealants 511 impregnator Penetrating Sealer. I think it is the best sealer on the market. I use it on everything.

Ah, now I understand the addition to your family.

So today I got creative, I bought five of these clamp lights at the box store and used some scrap metal I had and tore it all up.

images

View attachment IMG_20121217_102225.jpg

Good idea with the lights. Looks sweet.

I am sooo happy with them. They change the entire look of the bar. Can't wait til its done and I get to only use it and not work on it.

Just curious. Was your idea of gutting the clamp on lights cheaper than purchasing ready made industrial look drop lights?

Back