Chris

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great feeling and a huge load off your mind. When I moved from Michigan where I was born and Drilled Wells in the Tundra for too many years freezing my toosh off. We moved to Florida and never looked back. I can still remember the weight that was lifted off me. A great feeling. I have never been to Idaho, but have been told I was conceived there.

Last edited by a moderator:
buy 2 --90 lb sacks of concrete,
or,, get an 18 wheeler inner tube, cut it in half, wire the end closed and fill with sand,
you will need them in your truck, during the winter for traction .

put in the bed over the axles

Did the kids go with you? How do you keep them calm for that grueling 16 hour drive?

Chris, I hope your drive to California is safe and not too many headaches. Do ditch your company and go to Idaho and LIVE.

I've walked away from something sorta like that once, and went down in income severely, but I don't regret not having to pay the high price to have the $$$ that many covet. I always ask someone that wants to be rich in money, if they are willing to pay the price. They just don't get it. You are about to ditch the high price and LIVE.

Best wishes to leaving the extreme rat race.

Did the kids go with you? How do you keep them calm for that grueling 16 hour drive?

They have been doing road trips since born so they are used to it. They sing and play and count and watch a movie on occasion, we just got the portable DVD as we have been pretty against electronics babysitting.

Chris, I hope your drive to California is safe and not too many headaches. Do ditch your company and go to Idaho and LIVE.

I've walked away from something sorta like that once, and went down in income severely, but I don't regret not having to pay the high price to have the $$$ that many covet. I always ask someone that wants to be rich in money, if they are willing to pay the price. They just don't get it. You are about to ditch the high price and LIVE.

Best wishes to leaving the extreme rat race.

I'm the same way, people think I'm crazy for wanting to walk away. They don't know how I can walk away from a great living. For me it's easy, money doesn't mean much to me and wealth is not cash.

I've also been enjoying my visit to America. It's like being in a different country from California. Went to the dmv and there were seven chairs and one person ahead of me. And the people were happy.

Welcome to the real world:welcome:

As I sit here in my driveway getting ready to go to one of my job sites I find myself torn. I no longer want to be stressed and run this business but I also like to earn a wage. I think I am most afraid of starting over. I have worked very hard to get my company to where it is today.

I could try and keep my company going from another state but then I am really not getting away and I'm sure the stress will follow.

I could close it down and then start a new one up there?

Or when I sell a couple houses I have here I will have a good size chunk of change, I could buy a few rentals and not worry about my mortgage at all or I can take that money and try my luck at flipping some homes which is what I would like to do but scared of loosing my wad.

What would you do?

As I sit here in my driveway getting ready to go to one of my job sites I find myself torn. I no longer want to be stressed and run this business but I also like to earn a wage. I think I am most afraid of starting over. I have worked very hard to get my company to where it is today.

I could try and keep my company going from another state but then I am really not getting away and I'm sure the stress will follow.
I could close it down and then start a new one up there?

Or when I sell a couple houses I have here I will have a good size chunk of change, I could buy a few rentals and not worry about my mortgage at all or I can take that money and try my luck at flipping some homes which is what I would like to do but scared of loosing my wad.

What would you do?

I'd advise against this. Long distance romances seldom work. Starting over takes time, I've done it twice.

Me too, starting over isn't that bad if your young.
I sold my business and thought it would never happen. I guess stranger things have happened. There are several free on line sites that will let you list your business. Give it a try and see what happens. You can even list it on Craigslist. Believe it or not, that's how I sold mine.

If you can't sell the business, a competitor might be interested in phone numbers and customer list, for a price.

I would really like to keep the assets I have over a million dollars worth of equipment. I guess I could sell the name and number and contacts?

I would really like to keep the assets I have over a million dollars worth of equipment. I guess I could sell the name and number and contacts?

You increase that value to that sometimes if you contract to work for the new guy for a short period as salesman to promote the new guy or introduce his salesman to your customers and don't forget that some of your employees may add value, promote them to the new outfit.
New outfit may be a slightly different business and may need some equipment.
Anything sold at fair market value can be replaced with out the cost of moving it.

They have been doing road trips since born so they are used to it. They sing and play and count and watch a movie on occasion, we just got the portable DVD as we have been pretty against electronics babysitting.

we used to play slug bug
every time you saw a vw bug,,you said slug bug and hit your sister on the arm

i mean,,,you both watch for the bug..lol

So I did it, I got the ball rolling. I am starting up a new sole prop business here in CA to keep doing small jobs. I am stopping all work with the corporation at the beginning of the year and keeping it open one more year just to close everything out and get paid from some of these contractors. I am taking most all my equipment up to Idaho except a couple pieces for my foreman and one guy to use. My plan is to sell two of my homes here and take that money and flip a few homes, if that goes well my next chapter in life will be flipping homes and doing tractor and dump truck work. I am pretty excited about this and really think I will do well with it.

Latest posts

Back