Chris

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you Chris. Get my bunk room finished so I have a place to stay after towing stuff up to the new ranch.

Guest room is already set up. Anytime you want to visit come on up.

I'm looking forward to less stress in my life and a slower pace of life. Hopefully I am making a good decision. Everyone thinks I am crazy for throwing away a successful career.

I watched you work your *** off for what 5-6 years? Even my g/f says you are "one of a kind" who turned rags to riches just on your hard work and dedication. We both have no doubt you will find your special niche up there and once again make boatloads of money. It is in your genes to succeed. Never look back!

I started my company almost 9 years ago. Started it with a 3k tax return and some elbow grease. Hopefully I can do it again. Thanks for the good wishes.

My brain is wrecked this morning. Couldn't sleep wondering if I am making the right decisions. I am pretty much throwing away a successful career and stable life in California. All in the hopes of having less stress and spending more time with my family and raising my kids.

Don't second guess yourself. You will do just fine. The only problem I would have with your move is the temperatures. I hear it gets below 80° in Idaho sometimes.

Chris, I think you will look back and wonder what took you so long to do it.

Don't second guess yourself. You will do just fine. The only problem I would have with your move is the temperatures. I hear it gets below 80° in Idaho sometimes.

It's the 100+ that bothers me. I here the inversions can suck in the winter time, hopefully I am far enough out of town that it wont bother me.

IMO..Right decision.

move all assets to spudville, leave California, COMPLETELY, your idea of starting a tractor company and flipping houses is a sound decision.
keep it family, hire your wife to do your books and answer the phone.

i do not know about there. but here, the local hardware store has a bulletin board, the locals put there business cards on
and the store points customers to the board

Last edited:
I'm telling my office staff today that I am closing things down soon. Merry Christmas I guess.

They still won't get it, they think I just sit back and count my money while they are under paid and over worked. I have one guy on salary that takes more time off than works and still complains if I ask him to do anything after 3pm and wants to get paid some sort of overtime.

I told you I could be hired to help you on the jobs, but for some strange reason, you don't want me showing up in my sequinned G string. Your loss!

I'm not sure if that would hurt business or help it at this point.

Speaking of my salary guy it's 8:15 and he is nowhere to be found. I wonder what his excuse will be today? He used to call or text me to see when I would be coming into the office just so he could show up just before me. I caught onto that and started telling him I would be in at 9 and show up at 8 or say I would be there at 7 and show up at 10. that pissed him off. I am giving him his notice today so I don't really care anymore. Can only waste so much of the companies money before I get mad.

Glad to hear your moving on.. The business was built once, and can always be done again.. never second guess yourself, its gotten you this far.
I just did the same thing, and im busy as all get out, not much time for anything else at the moment.
Good luck, and I look forward to following your journey, sounds like a nice change.

Glad to hear your moving on.. The business was built once, and can always be done again.. never second guess yourself, its gotten you this far.
I just did the same thing, and im busy as all get out, not much time for anything else at the moment.
Good luck, and I look forward to following your journey, sounds like a nice change.

I can't wait for the slow down in life. Right now I work 12+ hours a day and can't walk away from my phone. I pay more money in taxes and insurances in this state than anywhere else in the country and everyone is greedy.

On another note I just told my late office guy that I am shutting things down, told him I would give him two weeks and he wants a months pay.

I can't wait for the slow down in life. Right now I work 12+ hours a day and can't walk away from my phone. I pay more money in taxes and insurances in this state than anywhere else in the country and everyone is greedy.

On another note I just told my late office guy that I am shutting things down, told him I would give him two weeks and he wants a months pay.

Ask him how one week sounds...

Latest posts

Back