Cleaning new home

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perry

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a newbie to this forum. The construction of our new house is over. We will shift to our new home by next month. Before shifting to the new house we need to clean the house. As I already told you, the construction of the house is just over, so a lot of construction waste generated inside and outside the house. The construction waste accumulated had been disposed of by renting a bin from Toronto. We need to clean the house before shifting the households to the new house. Next, we need to clean the house before shifting to the new house. We already cleaned the house randomly while disposing of the waste. But the dust and debris still remain. We need to clean the house thoroughly one more time before shifting the households. If we do it on own, it won't be satisfying. are the precautions to be taken while cleaning a new house? What is the best way of cleaning a newly built house to give the best finish

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to say this but, your best approach is to hire it out to a cleaning company that does new construction cleaning. They know what their doing and how to do it. Congratulations on your new home. Keep an eye on the furnace filter for the first year as it will collect a lot of dust.

Any worthwhile, self respecting company that builds house should have had the house cleaned for you at no cost to you when they were done.
There's nothing special or different then any other house cleaning, most often it's just dusting and window cleaning.

I agree with Joe. Any responsible construction company cleans the new home. We always hired a cleaning crew. It was all included as part of our total price.

The thing that's most often over looked is the duct lines for the HVAC. I'd suggest calling a company that specializes in duct cleaning to remove the dust that's accumulated during the construction process. Just my 2 cents.

If you haven't made the final payment yet, you could hold it until the house is cleaned by the construction company. Of course, you should check any contract that is involved to see if it is included or not.

If you want to find a professional cleaner, be sure to go through a professional agency or a professional cleaning company.Workers at these companies are vetted in advance, which can save you a lot of responsibility and unnecessary trouble in the cleaning process.

Back