Cleaning the Garage....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariOoO

Reaction score
.....dun....Dun....DUNNNNNNN!!!! lol I know most of you probably hate cleaning as much as I do but, the garage serves many purposes in my house. I have found that junk starts to collect in there. When I am sure what to do with something I set it out in the garage.

So anyways this is leading me to my question- how often do you guys clear out your garage, get it organized, and give it a good clean?

Can't do it, some toolboxes and equipment are just too heavy, gotta clean around it. Best after every major project.

Clean? Organize? You speak in words unfamiliar to me.

--Bushytails

A garage just isn't a garage unless it's messed up, besides if you clean it up you'll never find anything LOL
I cleam my workshop 2-3 times a year.

You folks have a garage?
What the heck am I doin here?:D

I clean about the time I finish with a project, to get ready for the next one.
Right now there is a bandsaw mill takin up all the room. RE-Buildin from scratch , somewhat. More of a remodeled, updating machine type of project.:confused:
About once a month.:eek:

My garage never gets clean! It's my messy work space but I like it that way! I know just where everything is...scattered around me!

Cleaning the garage is a never ending task. My door faces north and it seems like 90% of the time when the breeze blows it comes out of the north and drags in dust, dirt and leaves. What a pain.

It is a never ending job for me. Since our garage is under the house and against a retaining wall, we constantly have a swirling vortex of terror and junk is always getting blown in!

I fear fall in our tree filled neighborhood! AHHHHHH:D

Once a month...if I'm lucky and the honey do list allows. It only last a few days, then it's back to hurricane status.

I'll never have one of those garages that people hang out in and play darts or watch tv. Even if I could get my boys and wife to stop dumping every bit of trash or old item they want to discard, the heat limits any casual activity we'd ever do out there.

I'll just have to live out my "man cave" fantasies through all of you.:D

.....dun....Dun....DUNNNNNNN!!!! lol I know most of you probably hate cleaning as much as I do but, the garage serves many purposes in my house. I have found that junk starts to collect in there. When I am sure what to do with something I set it out in the garage.

So anyways this is leading me to my question- how often do you guys clear out your garage, get it organized, and give it a good clean?

Safety = clean and organized garage. Especially if you have kids they will make a mess if not organize if not accident surely happened on unclean and unorganized garage...:(

i usualy clean as soon as i finish a project ...but this time of year the projects are rare... just finished one the other day made a little living room space for me and buddys ...with a 36inch tv so i can watch my UFC ...:D

I try too clean once a week and I always put my tools back when I finish for the day.

I love the idea of having a two car garage. We bought our home about three years ago and it has a huge two car garage with a small room that I use for tool storage. Since we moved in, the family has taken over the garage with different types of things. So once a year I rent a waste bend from the local contractor in town and we clean house.

Finally, after this last clean out I did make room on one side of the garage for my work bench, and added shelves on the wall by it and installed 4 electrical outlets along the wall. Then I installed a four foot workshop light above it.

Its not a clean garage, but I now have a place to play:D.

hey that's cool....a man needs his space....lol if ever you have a picture of your garage throw it on a post..:)

Nice Can-AM!

I'm going to work on mine this winter. I'll try to have some before and after pics up in a month or two.

thanks jhutch.. i'm just missing a frigo and a better sound system setup...lol

I just try to take my own advice and leave it cleaner than I found it. But then again I'm in the very very early stages of my garage remodel, so it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Back