dog resistant gravel

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
I have a puppy. I also have a back yard that I will be closing in so that she can run free. When I build the fence, I want to lay something below it that will make it hard for her to dig out.

Suggestions?

When my dog was a puppy (golden retriever) he liked to dig so I buried hard ware cloth 12 inches below grade and attached it to the bottom of the fence. and then covered it with land scape rock. This kept him from digging once he figured out it wouldn't do him any good. Don't know if it has rusted away now or not.

When my dog was a puppy (golden retriever) he liked to dig so I buried hard ware cloth 12 inches below grade and attached it to the bottom of the fence. and then covered it with land scape rock. This kept him from digging once he figured out it wouldn't do him any good. Don't know if it has rusted away now or not.

That sounds like a great idea.

You can try burying chicken wire or rocks, but dog training can best curb this behaviour. Be careful with the wire though because it can hurt your puppy's paws.

Back