Drywalling

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machuca

Reaction score
How hard is it to do the drywall yourself? How many people here did it themselves? I may just hire someone to do it if it's gonna be too much of a task.

Hanging GWB is not difficult. Beer a friend into helping you out. All you need is a razor knife, a screw gun (battery drill will work in a pinch but buy a dimple tip so you are not over driving the screws) a tape measure and a straight edge. a T square works best but you can get by without it. If you are going for a "finish" rather than just fire taped I'd pay someone to do the taping/ finishing. It is not difficult but if you have never done it you will screw it up your first time.

X2 putting it up isn't to bad if you have help but if you want it to look good pay someone else to finish it. I have done a few myself and the time I wasted trying to make it look good could have been spent better by paying a pro to come in and finish it so I could get on with other jobs that needed done.

Back