EBay

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney

Reaction score
I've heard both success stories and failure stories from buying things off of Ebay. I've always been kind of wishy washy about EBay because you never know what you are going to get.

So I was wondering if any of you guys have bought anything for your garage like tools, etc. from Ebay and got jipped?

A friend of mine bought a car off Ebay. Paid the down payment, and the seller took off with the down payment money. No Monte Carlo.

I've purchased hundreds of tools with no problems from ebay... I've only been ripped off four times in about a thousand transactions.

No-brand 24V cordless hammer drill... never showed up.
Ultra Harness 2000 Female Strap-on... never showed up.
Car jumpstarter... Arrived smashed, and was obviously smashed before packaging, as inside of the unit (!) the parts had been collected and put in a ziplock bag.
Chrysler 8.25 ARB Locker... seller sold it to three other people too; kept everyone's money. paypal refunded $200 of what I sent him, but not all of it.

(If anyone here has any of those items spare, I still need them - especially the ARB!)

Other than a couple delays, all the other things I've bought have been great... my $30 1" impact wrench just got use a couple days ago to pound off some rusted u-bolts... and I should have some air ratchets in the mail for me today, which I'll go get when I'm done answering garageretreat postings. :)

I also sell on ebay, and other than about 3% of buyers not paying, haven't had any major problems - no fake checks, nigerian scammers, etc yet.

--Bushytails

Back