Extend outdoor faucet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 61734

Reaction score
I want to extend an outdoor faucet from my lower deck to the upper deck. I still want the existing faucet to be usable.
It would be a straight 10' run to the upper deck. Can I do this without soldering? We get very cold winters.
I'm a rookie be gentle.

What type of pipe?, what diameter.
I have a Orbit Brass Hose Y with Shut-Off on the existing faucet. how do I connect the Y adapter to the pipe? can I use a braided 18 In. Flexible Stainless Steel Water Heater Connector (3/4" FIP x 3/4" FIP x 18" Length) ?
What pipe adapters would I need? What faucet for the terminal end?

thanks.

I did something similar I had outside water coming out of the basement and I used a freeze proof shutoff. I wanted water on our front porch in the summer for watering plants and wanted a shutoff there as well. I made a short hose with two female ends and drilled a hole thru the deck post and mounted a standard shutoff on the post. In the fall I have to remember to uncouple the lower end of the hose to drain all the water.

If you needed to still get water at the lower point just put a Y hose adapter there connecting the hose to one and use the other for a second hose.IMG-8950.JPGIMG-8951.JPG

Back