Garage floor cleaning

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinkmaster

Reaction score
OK. I wanted to hear this from the experts. My garage floor has rust spots, oil spots, etc on it. I frequently clean my garage of clutter, etc, but rarely clean the garage floor of these spots. What do you guys use to keep the garage floor clean?

Proper use of cleaners are used when cleaning the garage. Because of as of today there are plenty of dangerous chemical that are present on cleaning stuffs. The basic way to clean is water and soap. :thumbsup:

Proper use of cleaners are used when cleaning the garage. Because of as of today there are plenty of dangerous chemical that are present on cleaning stuffs. The basic way to clean is water and soap. :thumbsup:

With my epoxy coating, I will use an air compressor and blow out the garage once a week, but give it a deep cleaning once a month. The deep cleaning includes soap and water, followed by a good scrubbing with a bristle brush. I hose everything out real good, and then use a squeegie to dry the floor.

A good cleaning is also important so you can keep tabs of any leaks coming from your cars, which can save you lots of money with minor maintenance instead of major replacements.

Yep epoxy was the best thing I ever did. Just a quick wipe with a paper towel for small spills and a mop and bucket with some simple green or purple power for larger spills or just to clean a dirty floor after a large job.

What is the best way to clean Garage floor during cold weather?

Back