Glass shower enclosure adhesive advice?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaka

Reaction score
Hi. I'm trying to figure out the best way to address a glass shower enclosure to tub connection. Basically, we have a tub that has a glass door on top of it. When we moved in I noticed that the door and the enclosure were ever so slightly misaligned. What that results in is people trying to push the door closed which has resulted in the non-door part starting to move on the top of the tub. I'm hoping the picture will help with visualizing this.

In the picture you can see the caulk starting to peel back on the panel in question (I caulked it), but it is because the door is being pushed back and forth. (Please excuse the children's toys in the tub.)

My question is: Is this normally secured with an adhesive? and if so, which kind? Additionally, it seems if it shouldn't be moving, that I should bring someone in to reapply adhesive. What should I expect that to run (ballpark)... the panel in question is about 3ft long.

Thank you for your thoughts!IMG_1310.jpg

It appears that the caulking is failing. Contact a glass company and get a couple estimates on cost to reseal.

The caulking is my doing (and yes... needs to be redone)... but is the glass enclosure originally attached with adhesive? meaning it should not move on the tub rail? if so, it seems that has failed also.

Back