Going rate for re-wire

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sailor86

Reaction score
I have a lighting problem in my kitchen. I will need to run about 25' of 14/3 from a wall switch to the ceiling light box. I will need to change out the switch box and switch. At another wall switch box, I will need to re-configure the wiring so it passes a hot to the ceiling light box and change the doogle switch to a single pole. I will then need to change the light fixture itself. How much would all this nominally run if I called a professional?

Less than this

"An electric baseboard heater can be installed by any electrician for $125 -$300, depending on the complexity of the project. "

What all is entailed in a baseboard heater? Is there any running wire involved, or does it plug into an existing outlet?

What all is entailed in a baseboard heater? Is there any running wire involved, or does it plug into an existing outlet?
Usually means running a dedicated 240v line.

RS Means [publisher] has books detailing rates for labor corrected for ZIPcode. You can peek at a copy at your local big box bookstore.

Back