Hello to all from the left coast!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyoldman

Reaction score
Hi All! Being a disabled senior I would love to just get out the checkbook and have someone else fix what needs to be fixed. Unfortunately, I am also on a pretty fixed income so when something breaks, I have to fix it. I have some skills and when I was younger looked forward to getting dirty/greasy fixing things, but I worked so much I didn't have the time. Now I have the time but I've (sadly) learned that I can't do a lot of things I used to be able to do. I also don't have a lot of money to buy new so or pay to have something repaired, so it might take me a long while, but I usually, eventually, get whatever broke - fixed. Years ago my son asked me how I knew how to fix all the stuff that I repaired. I told him that I had to learn every time something broke. And that was before the internet.

Welcome to the forum. Quite a few of us are in the same boat at the same point in life. We figure a way to get it done and it is great to get and give some help here. :welcome:

It's pretty sad that this old woman is 2 years younger than me, but I'm not even old yet?

(yeah Ol'Man, keep believing this!)

Hi All! Being a disabled senior I would love to just get out the checkbook and have someone else fix what needs to be fixed. Unfortunately, I am also on a pretty fixed income so when something breaks, I have to fix it. I have some skills and when I was younger looked forward to getting dirty/greasy fixing things, but I worked so much I didn't have the time. Now I have the time but I've (sadly) learned that I can't do a lot of things I used to be able to do. I also don't have a lot of money to buy new so or pay to have something repaired, so it might take me a long while, but I usually, eventually, get whatever broke - fixed.
Same boat here,,, but, unfortunately, this Democrats run city likes to throw us crippled up senior citizens in jail for not getting our home improvements done as fast as they want...
OTOH, there are 1 1/2 murders weekly here and several daily shootings plus robberies, burglaries, rapes... by the Democrat junkies... but they have no interest in ending that...

Back