Help - Furnace CA Blower Trouble

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MACooke

Reaction score
Hi. I believe my furnace combustion air blower is having trouble. We noticed a burnt smell in the house yesterday, and this morning I inspected the furnace (or tried to).

I noticed a lot of rusty water leaking from the CA exhaust piping (PVC pipe, exhausts to side of house). I shut the furnace off, waited a while, the turned back on. The blower started, the burners lit, but after just a few minutes the furnace shut down. The CA blower sounds bad - almost as if the impeller housing has water in it.

Could a failing CA blower cause insufficient flow, and allow condensate to drain back into the blower housing? I'm stymied at this point.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mitch

Get this fixed by a professional right away, this sounds like a rusted heat exchanger and could be very dangerous. Sounds like the unit is doing the right thing by shutting down because the sensors pick up carbon monoxide.

BE SAFE..Call someone to evaluate your problem.

Got it, our HVAC service company is on their way out.

Thanks.

Hope it turns out to be something else less expensive...but better safe than sick.
Good luck!:)

Back