hobbies anyone?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is working on any new hobbies?

I brought my Cherokee down from the mountain house last Saturday to start building it but who knows when that will start.

If I remember correctly, you went through that Cherokee from top to bottom a few years back. Is this the same or a different Jeep?

Same one, this time it is mine so I will toss a small lift and some lockers in her and maybe use it for some exploring or just leave it in the mountains for when I am up there.

I do woodworking. I design and build furniture. Mostly children's stuff.

Same one, this time it is mine so I will toss a small lift and some lockers in her and maybe use it for some exploring or just leave it in the mountains for when I am up there.

Those are very popular at Lake Havasu for towing boats to the water and playing in the desert. I sure wish my K-5 Blazer was a Cherokee.

I do woodworking. I design and build furniture. Mostly children's stuff.

An elderly friend of mine just made a wooden pull toy for my granddaughter for Christmas. Cutest little dog I've ever seen. It even has moving legs for when it is being pulled. That's a hobby I'd like to start.

Those are very popular at Lake Havasu for towing boats to the water and playing in the desert. I sure wish my K-5 Blazer was a Cherokee.

An elderly friend of mine just made a wooden pull toy for my granddaughter for Christmas. Cutest little dog I've ever seen. It even has moving legs for when it is being pulled. That's a hobby I'd like to start.

My great grandfather holds the patent for a wooden toy car/truck with a 3' or so piece of wood coming out with a steering wheel on it so the kid can turn the wheels and push it along. My grandfather still has one he made, I'l see if I can get a picture of it.

That would be great to see.

Anything that has to do with art. Here is one of my latest bronze castings. Sitting Bull (life size)

That is fantastic. I'd also like to know how it is done.

That is awesome!!
Even if I wasn't part native american I would still highly approve.
I wonder if its possible to make molds of the handles on some Thai bronzeware my father bought in Thailand but craft the end in to a spork and make a matching spork for the set...

Our middle daughter is having her second(first girl) today. This will make number three grandchild. Guess my hobby is having grandkids now. They are a lot more fun than their parents were. :)

That is awesome!!
Even if I wasn't part native american I would still highly approve.
I wonder if its possible to make molds of the handles on some Thai bronzeware my father bought in Thailand but craft the end in to a spork and make a matching spork for the set...

Absolutely possible.

Awesome, oldog! I have to try to steer my mother away from seeing things about people's grandchildren. It makes her feel sad since she doesn't have any and might never have any. At least she stopped bugging me about it since she knows I'm not going to give her any.

Retrobob, what would the process be on making the matching spork? I imagine that one part would be taking the mold of the decorative end and then either taking a mold of a spork end or fashioning one somehow and then putting them together to make another mold.. Not sure what materials would be needed exactly..

Awesome, oldog! I have to try to steer my mother away from seeing things about people's grandchildren. It makes her feel sad since she doesn't have any and might never have any. At least she stopped bugging me about it since she knows I'm not going to give her any.

Retrobob, what would the process be on making the matching spork? I imagine that one part would be taking the mold of the decorative end and then either taking a mold of a spork end or fashioning one somehow and then putting them together to make another mold.. Not sure what materials would be needed exactly..
Sent you a PM

Thanks!
I really am fascinated by different forms of crafting. In high school I took ceramics, art (painting, drawing with pencil, drawing with oil pastels, batik), woodworking, and electronics. I didn't keep up with practicing on it after I graduated though. I have done some minor woodworking stuff since then. Only painting I've done was just painting one color on walls.

I've never tried making stuff out of metal though. It looks very interesting.

Back