how do i fix this blocked drain that runs from defrosting unit to pan in bottom of frig.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billshack

Reaction score
I have a Kenmore frig with a upper freezer and lower frig. when it goes on defrost the drain is blocked and therefore the water overflows
and runs inside the frig and collects just under the two crisper drawer in the bottom. every few day i have to get a large towel and dry off
this compartment. in fact we call it the frig's towel. the drain is very small and i can not get to it. Normally the defrost water drains to a pan
under the unit right near the condenser coils in the bottom of the frig.

In our laundry room refrigerator/freezer I had to defrost the freezer compartment because the line got plugged up with ice. It may be a good idea for you do to the same. I was able to remove a cover in the back of the freezer compartment and see a large chunk of ice covering the drain line. I used a hair dryer to speed up the defrosting. I had had the refrigerator for at least 10 years before this happened. I doubt I had turned it off in those ten years.

In our laundry room refrigerator/freezer I had to defrost the freezer compartment because the line got plugged up with ice. It may be a good idea for you do to the same. I was able to remove a cover in the back of the freezer compartment and see a large chunk of ice covering the drain line. I used a hair dryer to speed up the defrosting. I had had the refrigerator for at least 10 years before this happened. I doubt I had turned it off in those ten years.
I am giving it a try, I have but the air dryer in frig and aimed at the stop , let see what happens .

Back