How to dig a pond? Concrete related.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can make the area muddy and keep it muddy, a rented 240v slurry pump may be able to pipe this eight cubic yard (with water, maybe 20 cu. yds.) mixture elsewhere.

But where?

Last edited:
But where?

wet or dry, that is a good question.

If you put a "free fill" sign on your front lawn, you will most likely get rid of the dirt you don't want. But it will not disappear instantly, and that will kill any grass or plants that were under it.

Around here it's not safe to put up sign that can attract visitors if you know what I mean kinda like inviting a home invasion :)

Most people building a pond use what the take out. A lot of them slightly raise the area around the pond. Some bank one side as a planting etc. a lot of properties have a low area that needs fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

You're absolutely right about that. Most of the ponds I've seen are slightly raised all around then stacked with stones. Wanna come over help me dig lol?

You're absolutely right about that. Most of the ponds I've seen are slightly raised all around then stacked with stones. Wanna come over help me dig lol?

Sure will I get in any selfies? :D

Try this first:
bath-tub-fish-pond.jpg

All you need is old bath tubs and you can make your own pond.

Bud...sure. But I'm watching you very, veryyy closely.

jungle... shoot....we just tossed out an old tub ..D'oh!!

Back