Hvac heater not working

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpencerInDallas

Reaction score
So I had an issue with the thermostat not working last year for A/c ,and replaced it with a new one. This year the heater isn't working.

I followed the same diagnostics to see if it's a thermostat problem, and it's not.

I've been looking up Diagnostics for it and all seem to reference gas powered furnaces, and mine is not.

Can anyone point me to a thread/video/article that gets into heating diagnostics so I can get to the bottom of the problem? I'm not afraid of any technical/electric work. It's what I'm doing as a living.

But for the life of me I can't find the right article/video to point me in the right direction to diagnose the problem before I drop the bills to hire a hvac person to do the one thing I didn't think of.

As a new home owner, thanks for all your help and I look forward to joining the community to help/assist as I can! Spent thanksgiving weekend repairing my garage door that decided to not garage door any more 🤣

I think I found the right video to help me out! If anyone has any advice comments or concerns please post them.

Otherwise I'm posting this video for all the newbies like me that need a push.

Hi, not a lot to go on here, what type of stat do you have, what’s going on with the furnace, is it firing,? Mdl# and mfg of the furnace would be helpful.

Back